Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Did you have any problems spraying outside, with like dust and stuff getting into paint? I sprayed primer inside, (with ventilation and a respirator), but still got really light-headed after. I was thinking about doing the actual paint outside on my frame, but worried about the finish.

can't paint my forks yet either,, it's warm enough but too windy this whole week in Ohio. any dust will kill a finish

Did you have any problems spraying outside, with like dust and stuff getting into paint? I sprayed primer inside, (with ventilation and a respirator), but still got really light-headed after. I was thinking about doing the actual paint outside on my frame, but worried about the finish.
Surprisingly no dust or pollen but a couple of bugs landed on the color coat. Picked them off and wet sanded the whole frame. Got lucky with the clear, that laid down super flat and nothing got into it. Should have had it done weeks ago but too much wind. Did have a light breeze when I painted but just stopped when it would pick up and waited for it to ne still.

Sorry for the crappy picture. Carb came in from treatland last night. Thinking about polishing the mouth and the rest of the throat. It is polished where the slide and jets are. Gonna have to figure out the power jet. Guess just block it off and get the idle and main jets dialled in then f*** with the power jet.

Sorry for the crappy picture. Carb came in from treatland last night. Thinking about polishing the mouth and the rest of the throat. It is polished where the slide and jets are. Gonna have to figure out the power jet. Guess just block it off and get the idle and main jets dialled in then f*** with the power jet.

I'm turning green.

Back