Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Which G5 cylinder is that? Last two I bought were both the steel sleeve versions and both had the stupid divider in the transfer port that takes forever to remove. Blocks like 20% of the port! Would save a ton of time if I can find a reliable supplier of divider-free sleeved cylinders.

Currently running one on my Hyper test bike and even though it took a while to port it rocks. 51mph so far with a simple piston port/no reed setup on stock 36t sprocket. NOT FUN AT 50+ on the Hyper lmaoooo. Need heavy duty wheels and a triple tree badly.

That's an old zms it's sitting on. I have the bridges and leave them alone. Think the benefit of directing the flow outweighs the reduction of port size. I still back cut them.

DOH! piston haha
yeah I back cut my g4 jug too (tho not sleeved). tho you lose a few mm of openness I just think the ring stability across a large port makes it up

Got the boost port cylinder on. 0.65mm squish with a 0.4mn copper gasket. Pulls very hard now. The pipe is definitely a 2 stage. Can't wait till the rings seat. Used a Namura ring for the top ring and a kit ring for the bottom. Need to find a single 1mm ring piston for these engines.

sweet exhaust, , gonna guess that you're running rich on oil? bcs the oil coming thru Tports and boost port isn't cooking on the piston,, it's cooling the piston in this areas. but you're breaking in the rings, wild pattern!
glad it pulls hard, it's gonna probly be violent pull when everything's settled in lol!

sweet exhaust, , gonna guess that you're running rich on oil? bcs the oil coming thru Tports and boost port isn't cooking on the piston,, it's cooling the piston in this areas. but you're breaking in the rings, wild pattern!
glad it pulls hard, it's gonna probly be violent pull when everything's settled in lol!
Running 24:1 and normal for me is 36:1. Breaking in the new setup now. Thought the pattern was pretty cool. Wonder what it will look like with the windowed piston cooling the crown. I hope it keeps pulling harder as the rings seat.

So I have this old new cylinder sitting here and it makes me want to try something different. Something like multiple small boost ports. Maybe 3, 6mm or one 6 and two 3mm. Maybe 1 on each side of the exhaust port and one in the back. That could help with swirling the charge. Maybe the back 1 could be bigger. Maybe different heights. Have some reading to do. Have to look for some better burrs as well.

Back