Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Whats the ID on that stinger, looks to be ~18mm???

I bet you pick up some mid range performance replacing it with a 16mm one, maybe a little more up top too.
I just checked and it is 20mm. Have some emt that's a hair under 16mm. Going to use the Toyota o2 sensor gasket for the flange.

Thank you very much!

Think it's closer to 20mm! Have to work on the pipe anyway. Need trash the kx header kit from zms, imo its garbage. Going to reshape, shorten and make my own slip connection. Also thinking about putting a flange connection at the stinger to try out different diameters and lengths. Might stick a muffler on it. I think it sounds great but it is super loud.
My stinger is 15mm id, it's really loud too. Lol.

Those ebay clamp-on scooter mufflers quiet it down pretty good without a noticeable loss in power, they flow pretty well.
$_10.JPG

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thank you very much!

Think it's closer to 20mm! Have to work on the pipe anyway. Need trash the kx header kit from zms, imo its garbage. Going to reshape, shorten and make my own slip connection. Also thinking about putting a flange connection at the stinger to try out different diameters and lengths. Might stick a muffler on it. I think it sounds great but it is super loud.
Great idea! I tried 18mm, then 16mm, and both got progressively better but I didn't have a 15mm to check. Math wise 15mm should be the sweet spot for these motors, but these cheap little chinese 2strokes don't always follow what a "normal" 2stroke would like so not sure.

I've seen people shorten that muffler if you think it's too big.
Yeah I know. Don't care for the look lol.

Stuck a piece of the smaller emt into the stinger and it pulled about the same but could tell it threw the carb out of adjustment. Was quiter cause the slash was aimed down. So the pipe is getting changed around a bit. Just have to figure out a slip connection at the exhaust port. The one on the KX65 pipe is 1.5" od and that's the inside part of the connection! Probably end up slapping something together out of some more emt or maybe dom.

Working on shortening the header. Starting with a new slip connection. The old one from zms leaks and is on 22mm id. That's going in the trash. The new one will probably leak but it's 25.6mm id so I don't care. The tubing so far is from two huffys lol. Also have part of the KX65 pipe and a tube from some water pump. Spare_Parts!

Looks good. I just cheated with mine and used high temp silicone hase. I have replaced it once in the past year and a half. This piece is about 8 months old and not a drop of oil anywhere. The pipe flange wasn't indexed quite right to fit my frame so this allowed me to correct it without welding. It seals and holds well, and the accidental added benefit was isolation of the pipe's vibrations from the flange. The flange bolts never work loose. I used the high temp and it works well, But I will probably get the super high temp next time.HPS 1 Foot Silicone Tube Coupler Hose Turbo Hot Side Aramid
View media item 61906

Last edited:
Back