Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Should have enough material to make a new cut. Wanted to try the cdh head anyway lol.

Gonna be real curious to see how that head works out for you. I been amazed at how fast the cool-down is. Hope ye can save that “Fred”, too! 👍

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Well the wrist pin bearing was not the cause. Broken ring is. They were the stock rings.

This engine makes crazy power. Have to see when Lynn at MB Rebel is getting 32t sprockets in for the disc drive. Had to go to a 10t drive sprocket because the 11t aren't holding up. Might order a 34 or the 30 but I have to play with the ratio calculator first.

Emailed Lynn and she got right back to me! She said 1 to 2 weeks so I'll just wait and get the 32t. This engine definitely revs higher so that ratio will work for me. MB Rebel is awesome!

So, issues.

Upper rpm sounds like a miss rather than 4 stroking. Swap ignition, magnet all the way to cdi. No change. Maybe 4stroking. 102-115 main jet, still no change. Same s**t it did before the rebuild. Today it got new rings and hone, base gaskets, head gasket, and swapped cdi's and messed with the jets from 105 up. No intake leak. Power jet carb and think the issue is there but don't know how. Maybe I should put the 26mm oko on and test? Hate this bike anymore. Everything is a hassle because of poor packaging on my part.

I would look at whatever has been changed form when it was running good. Going back 1 change at a time till I found it. If it had a high idle I would maybe suspect a seal, but you have probably already eliminated that.

It started when the magneto blew up and the crank seal blew out. Hasn't been right since. After the rebuild it was much better but it's been going down hill. The only parts that are the same is the case and carb. Checked the case for cracks and didn't find any. No leaks. Off today so guess I'll swap carbs.

Back