Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

So today I started with the ignition. New magnet and magneto. Ran the same. Swapped the carb to the 26mm oko. Left the jetting alone, 50 120. No change. Went 52 145 (all I have over 120 lol). No change! Now a leak showed up at the reed cage to reed block. Haven't fixed it yet. Hope that is the problem. Also getting a good amount of blow back with brand new reed petals.

So the reed block pulled the threads from the case on the old engine. Bike sat for months while I collected parts for the new project and contemplated what to do with the huffy. Then the minarelli hybrid came out. Ordered one right away and what a great decision. I'll post more later.

10/36 gearing and the carb wasn't right. I hit 62 with the clutch slipping but deleted the screen shot.

Screenshot_20200612-180005_Speedometer.jpg

Back