Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.
Lookin' good. Thanks for the pics.

My only reservation with the Cranbrook is the wheelbase is pretty short, good frame otherwise.

Were you running that muffler on your hyper, did it silence it much?

My first motorized bike was a white huffy cranbrook with a $120 kit but I think the frame was welded crooked or bent, not sure. My neighbor always complained about something like that after I sold it to him. The engine is still in running condition it just needs bearings he said.

My only reservation with the Cranbrook is the wheelbase is pretty short, good frame otherwise.

Were you running that muffler on your hyper, did it silence it much?
I had a homemade muffler on the hyper for a day or two. Was too quiet imo. Bunch of guys run the the muffler above with the MZ65 pipe and like it. Here are some pictures of the homemade muffler.

Oh, my wheelbase is about 3" longer with the new dropouts. The hyper had a short wheelbase and I was very comfortable on that bike. I'm only 5'7" lol.

Back