Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Just came in from the shop and it seems the pipe should be pretty easy to fit. Just have to cut the bends free and reorient them. Might have to rework the bend closest to the cylinder a bit. Also, the Douchebag Motor Sports header kit will work out good. Had to open the holes up for the bolts ro counter sink. Idiots machined them 9mm and the bolt heads are 10 :rolleyes: Wish I knew Fred @ CR Machine sold the same thing. He also offers a kit with a u bend. Tomorrow I should actually get some work done and have pics.

Hahaha! I may get pedal extensions but it doesn't stick any farther than the pipe on my last bike. It's just in a different location.

Pipe came in today and man it's so nice. Probably the nicest looking welds I have ever seen. Going to feel bad cutting on it hahaha! Waiting on some parts to convert my welder to dc. Only plan to tack the pipe for now and finish once the conversion is done. Also Douchebag Motor Sports finally shipped the header kit and it comes tomorrow. Got plenty to do this weekend now.

Sweet! I'm thinking of converting my old crappy flux core to DC as well. It works pretty good with the upgraded ground clamp and different wire, but still splatters a lot and isn't very pretty.

This is the first part of an intake I made with it...gets the job done, but not too pretty.

Converted the welder today and it is so much better. Took about 2 hours but I don't know jack about electronics. Took a little bit to get used to it so I didn't do much to the bike. Did figure out the mounting bracket for the back of the pipe. Hope to have the frame finished up and ready for paint next weekend.

Finished the pipe and mounts today. Need to sand blast the pipe though. Only thing left to do on the frame is the mounts for the electrical box, hope to have that done tomorrow. Then I'll mock the bike up, cut the fork legs down, cut the rear fender, build fender mounts and probably 50 other things lol.

Back