Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Looked around a little for a gasbike review thread and didn't find one so here is my review.

Placed my order at 3:30pm est and had a shipment notification around 7pm. Parts where here on Wednesday and packaged food enough for no damage. Payed with PayPal and had zero issues. Maybe I got lucky, maybe because I used PayPal. Will shop with them again.
Always use paypal.

I fought with them for almost a month to replace a gas tank that came in rusted and chipped, and THREE MONTHS to get 2x stainless hardware kits that never shipped. Once my email mentioned a charge back, they were in the mail lol.

Bought something from gasbike.

Aww man, lucky for sure. I bought that set from them nearly a month ago, they only sent the clutch arm cover, and I'm still waiting for them to send me the rest of the pieces. Took them 2 weeks to reply to my first email. Still waiting :rolleyes:

Acid etched the frame, fork tubes, handlebars and seatpost then primed with Spraymax 2k primer. Used 2 cans! Doesn't go far at all. No pics because it looks like a bomb went off in my shed lol. I also used a spray galvanized coating on the inside of the electrical box. We use it at work on all the rigid conduit and unistrut where it gets cut. Has the same corrosion resistance as hot dipped.

Have to order more primer and probably more clear coat.

That's some nice work, props on the dropouts! That primer shows off all the neat little cable routing tricks you employed as well as the reinforcements. Looking forward to seeing how this beast turns out.

Why does it look like there is a slight dent in the down tube maybe a foot above the bottom bracket?
Even with the wide front mount on the zeda it wasn't wide enough. The new style Cranbrook has a 1 3/4" down tube. I don't use mounting brackets. Made a sanding drum to widen the mount on the engine but the studs didn't clear. Used a hammer and made it fit lol.

Back