Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

Oh man thats some bad orange peel. Bad batch of paint maybe? The texture almost looks like the nozzle was too small for it and it was drying before it hit the part?

I'm sure it will still look great, just gonna take a lot more sanding and prep!

It's spraying fine today. Only difference is higher humidity.

Cut through the color on the frame and tank while sanding. Using 1000 and 1500. Would have just used 1200 but they were out. Still have to finish sanding the frame then hit the spots it cut through. Guess I'll have to clear with the 2k after work sometime this week.

Been thinking about gear ratios lately with the goal of 60mph. Found a calculator that can be used on phones and tablets. https://electricscooterparts.com/motor-jackshaft-wheel-gear-ratio.html

Discovered the engine rpm is 9250 at 54mph with the 11/36 sprockets. Thought it was spinning faster than that. So 9250 is where the old pipe fell on it's face. The new pipe has a longer header so it may make power higher up. Guess what I'm saying is I'll wait to change the rear sprocket until it's broken in.

Btw, at 9250 rpm a 32t would just hit 60.

spare, a longer constant header dia before expanding moves powerband to lower rpm (farther for pulse to travel) shorter is more top endy... with all other things equal

Lol, yeah. My brain is frying in this heat!

I shouldn't have even compared header length because rhe pipes are completely different.

Hey gus, what do you think about downsizing the carb from 26 to 24mm? It had pretty good torque and great top end with the old pipe. Looking to get better throttle response and maybe a little more mid range. Also, what about a power jet? Would that help keep topend?

@Street Ryderz @gary55 @FNTPuck

Hey gus, what do you think about downsizing the carb from 26 to 24mm? It had pretty good torque and great top end with the old pipe. Looking to get better throttle response and maybe a little more mid range. Also, what about a power jet? Would that help keep topend?

@Street Ryderz @gary55 @FNTPuck
The largest I have ever gone is 16mm so Ryderz or FNT will be the go to on this one.

Back