Cranbrook Build

Started the new bike build. Went with the new style Cranbrook and will be doing a ton of mods. Already cut of the stock dropouts and welded on some horizontal dropouts in their place. Working on running the electrical and cables in frame. Shortened the seat tube 1" at the clamp. Plan to add some bracing in a few places. And of course an in frame tank is in the works.

Going to use the case reed again but I'm rebuilding it with some mods and upgrades.

So after another test ride think a jet change is in order. Sounds rich. Not 4 stroking but has a deeper tone. Going to pull the carb and give it a good cleaning while I'm at it. I'll post the results.

yhst-90588588207776_2270_89246116.jpg

Going from the last post, swapped the ignition out 4 times since. That's magneto, magnet and cdi. New base, exhaust and head gaskets. Pulled the reed block apart and resealed it. Cleaned and rejeted the carb multiple times. The problem has been a consistent high speed miss. Never stopped pulling hard down low. Think it may have been a wrist pin bearing going out.

Anyway the engine was pulled today. New bearings, stuffed the case, long rod 42mm stroker crank is in. Fixed another problem with the zms case reed. The spacer between the reed block and case is gone. That takes out 15mm from the intake tract. Cylinder is ported but have to paint it. The 5.5cc head and new billet clutch will also get installed. Most of the stuff for the schwinn will go on this bike now. That build is getting pushed to the side. Either getting a CDH Gt-c frame or a 26" dirt jumper for the next build.

That r darra clutch plate is pretty sweet.
With the stock clutch pads it is quite the upgrade, i think you'll like it.

I got mine and rode slow but bopped the throttle going up hill a few times the first day and it pulled harder than before.
Today i got on it on a flat and it was just way better than the stock clutch plate man, it just grabs so much better right out of the gate.

Heat cycling the engine now. Only needed 2, 1.20mm base gaskets and a 0.06mm head gasket with the g5 cylinder and zeda case. Exhaust fits better then it did lol. So does the intake.

The billet clutch also needs breaking in. It sucked at first but it's getting better. Just making it impossible to tune the carb so far.

Think it's going work out well.

Zeda ripped me off bought zeda80dioreed w Jake head they sent me a gas tank will not respond to email screw zeda in the*"@

Zeda ripped me off bought zeda80dioreed w Jake head they sent me a gas tank will not respond to email screw zeda in the*"@
He ships tank separately and it usually arrives first.

Think its just to put a tracking number in the system for you...you'll get your motor eventually, but be prepared to wait 2-3 weeks. Not the best place to order from if you want your stuff soon.

Back