Cranbrook frames

DieselTech

Local time
5:05 PM
Does anyone know if theres 1 or more models of the cranbrook frames? The stripped frame I found today has a straight seat down tube, also the rear wheel drop outs have a triangle cut in them. The stripped frame feels heavier as well. Now the bike with the engine has a bent seat down tube, & the rear wheel drop outs have no triangles cut out in them. Thoughts?
20211106_112516.jpg

Now the bike with the engine has a bent seat down tube, & the rear wheel drop outs have no triangles cut out in them. Thoughts?
YEP...That is the same Cranbrook frame with the bent seat down tube that cracked all the way around in two spots on me back in May 2000 that forced me to buy my Hyper beach Cruiser which is heavier and much better built frame than the Huffy, resulting in the bike i now have...I will never trust the Cranbrook frames again, i was shocked to see just how thin the metal tubing really was on the Huffy when it cracked wide open on me...lol...DAMIEN

Should also be noted that the cracked frame broke right where there were two factory drilled holes for installing a water bottle bracket...the rear motor mounting bracket is installed in that area and thats where it cracked and broke apart.

That's the thing, I'm sure the bike with the engine had a bend there from the factory when I put the engine on it. Now also on the stripped down bike theres a derailleur & chain still on it & I'm not seeing a master link in the chain, like someone has added it.

Thanks you Sir, Yeah the 2 frames I got are physically different. You can see the seat stays going to rear wheel drop outs are smaller, also no triangle cut outs in wheel drop outs on the frame with engine. The one with the straight seat down tube must be a older style frame.

I bought mine this year. Back at the beginning of the year when I felt I want a cruiser this year. Now I want another mountain bike. lol. Cruisers are nice, but they handle poorly off road.

Yeah found that in my hood today, lol somebody threw it out in front of junk yard. I'll take it, theres no cracks in it that I'm seeing yet.

Back