Cranbrook "Rat Bike" (1st build)

Well I got everything about painted and ready to start the motor install. here a few pics of the paint progress. Should be starting assembly today !! Going with the low gloss black and glossy red rat look :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,390
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 3,331
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 847
Well, the basic bike is back together for a final go through before the motor. Not really crazy about the handlebars and the extended neck...still undecided about those....maybe straighter bars?? I have to think about that...thoughts?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 829
Flip the head around, mount the bars upsidedown and then change the seat so that it is mounted further back.....just my thoughts on what would look cool to me......though that is one sweet bike the way it is.

Flip the head around, mount the bars upsidedown and then change the seat so that it is mounted further back.....just my thoughts on what would look cool to me......though that is one sweet bike the way it is.

I second... if nothing else, lower/shorten the neck and flip the bars over

leave the seat as is...as low as possible,
lower the neck (or get a shorter one) so it is down as far as it can go, and add a set of straight across drag bars.
make your riding position low...i think it'll look cool that way.

leave the seat as is...as low as possible,
lower the neck (or get a shorter one) so it is down as far as it can go, and add a set of straight across drag bars.
make your riding position low...i think it'll look cool that way.

(Homer Simpson voice) MMMMMMMMM drag bars. Well there are 2 alternatives, but also it looks cool as is, but the neck does need to be a bit lower for my taste. And that is the key. What do you like about it.....if you love it the way it is, then great! If you want changes, then the outcome is as limitless as the people you ask.

so true...ask for opinions and you will get 1000 different answers.
but, opinions will lead you in the right direction of what looks good, what works, and what doesn't look good or doesn't work.
you have a good build going so far.

I was thinking some straighter drag bars as well. I messed with turning them over and such...just wasn't working for me.

Ran into a little tire clearance issue with the drive sprocket...go figure. Thought I would throw the tank on just so it seemed like I made some progress :cool:

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 740
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 632
Back