Crank balance

Each hole drilled 13mmX15mm deep should be about 9 grams of material removed, I haven't went to my drill press to verify this yet. I'll check that here after a bit, but should be damn close.

Is that 1.7grams/mm what you came up with when you have balanced a crank?

LOL Dont be getting me all confused now. I'll figure that out in a lil bit. I'm just curious if my balance factor figures & weights are close or close to correct.

Yeah I kinda new that hole size & depth will be adjusted accordingly. Just wanting to make sure my above figures & weights are correct.

I'm not sure about the weight per hole and size, Jag and I argued about this because he uses a program (charges for it's use) had incorrect figures and said he could hang 63 g with a single hole each side so I showed every one that was impossible. The crank material's density can differ from one to another and I'd rather know exactly, so I do it physically by hanging the weight off it and seeing for myself, I start with pilot holes then enlarge them and check with the hung weight, I think my holes on the last one I showed are only 12mm dia and 14-15mm deep but I'm using a lighter piston with that one so again it will vary.

Back