crank seal

Been using a hand impact for over 45 years. Do not use them as much as I have newmatic impacts. I replaced all my screws with grade 9 socket head so problem solved.

I've used a wedge of wood between the gears, if you have the flat head screw use a large blade screw driver or impact driver to loosen.
That's the ticket.large blade flathead and impact driver . Harbor freight has them for under $ 10.00

ok so tapping it back in worked for a while now its starting to leak again very slight but still leaking , anyone have any suggestions to remove it without splitting the engine?

Now have a similar prob with another newish engine , is it normal for new engines to be popping seals? This one popped on the magneto side . Need to try find somewhere local that sells something that'll work in there.....Ok so i took apart an older engine was still running , and swapped out the seal after a few seconds exhaust smoke started leaking out ?piston rings gone? There was 0 power .

Last edited:
Now have a similar prob with another newish engine , is it normal for new engines to be popping seals? This one popped on the magneto side . Need to try find somewhere local that sells something that'll work in there.
Did you get the "2RS" seals with the lips off eBay UK, as per Headsmess' suggestion? He said that the stock ones suck because they lack lips. I have not ordered mine yet but I intend to use these from the start.
45u suggested a Grubee spare, mag side seal retaining plate type-of-thing, that you can order from the USA if the lipped seal doesn't hold up on its own.

Back