Crank shaft

Jferdi03

Local time
7:59 PM
I'm replacing my top end after a jammed piston. Getting the broken metal out of my motor after the wrist pin broke scratched this part. It still seems to circle smooth. I should be fine eh?
20210806_150348.jpg

As long as nothing is touching the case. A big gouge on that side of the crank might help the balance. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah its unfortunate, if I get months instead of a year or two out if this one ill be happy. I'm still new to this stuff

Yeah its unfortunate, if I get months instead of a year or two out if this one ill be happy. I'm still new to this stuff
If you run the right amount of oil, an right a/f mix, these engines last a really long time. Them guys running very little oil are losing easily had power, and engine longevity. When you crack the jug and pull it off, the crank should have a nice layer of oil all over it. If it is dry, you're not running enough oil in your mix. If you use the bean juice, it will help save the day someday when you go lean from a clogged filter or jet, etc. I mix my own blend of top secret ingredients. I would never tell anyone I use 1-1.5 ounces of castor with 1.5-2 of lucas, ever, it's my top secret mix that keeps my engines going a long time. Sometimes I go heavier on the oil, just depends on how I plan to ride that day.

Back