crankshaft play on new engine

Yeah, I already mentioned that to weefek in my previous posts here and he has mentioned he is doing that with red and tacky...lol.
I'm not sure red and tack is good for a chain though. Honestly my last chain was okay and had been for a while. I decided I'd grease it up with red and tacky. In hindsight I think it just attracted debris to wear my chain out.

I'm not sure red and tack is good for a chain though.
Never use that on a chain...lol...It is unable to work itself in the areas of the chain necessary for good lubrication...I'm using gear lube 80/90...it works fine and doesn't splatter as much all over the place.

I had told him this for lubing the gears and bucking bar and clutch pivot assembly.

I forget how to insert quotes at the moment, however.....

You both need to know, along with whoever else may read this. I soaked the chain itself in used (not dirty or overused) motor oil (overnight) because I have no chain oil or any way to get to a store of any kind to buy chain oil at the moment (medical issues). If you look at the pictures I've uploaded you'll see the excess dripping off the chain tensioner.

Medical issues and my standard license being revoked is the entire reason I've gotten into this hobby, so I have something to drive and something to get into town to buy groceries or whatever with. I love it though and will probably stick with it for life.

I have a 2017 toyota and a 2001 subaru that i covet and wish I could drive right now. I had covid real bad 1 month ago and had 105 degree plus fevers and had a seizure so *Canada* *ontario* temporarily suspended my license on that basis. So I'm basically f***ed until they clear me.

I'm doing this kit with what I have, and what I left at my parents house. My father has always been into cars, we both bought tools, equipment, consumables together (gaskets, grease, tools, parts, etc etc) as we have both been into this for a long time.

I am NOT putting red tack on the chain. I don't have any red tack at all. I found a tube of white lithium that i put on the gears for the time being.

I made a run into town today, about 10km there and back, and the bike is running good. From what I can tell the noises are coming from the gear set, and the main drive sprocket which is too squared off. When I pull the clutch it's much quieter than when I'm riding anywhere from 1/2 throttle below. Full speed she seems to love it.

Keep in mind, I've had a straight cut gear transmission before. I know what they sound like. Between 3/8 and 5/8 throttle it's audible (as I have said previously) but there is a pinging / clattering noise which I believe is cause by the thing described previously in the videos I've uploaded.

I am concerned that chain stretch will f*** me and cause a binding near the drive sprocket but if it happens, it happens.

I use silicon gun lube on the chain, I've seen elsewhere this is normal practice. What's the best spray on lube for the chain?

EDIT: I've used Castrol MP for the bearings, clutch pivot arm, clutch rod and ball (whatever you want to call it). I've used this grease on many previous vehicles and haven't had an issue

I had covid real bad 1 month ago and had 105 degree plus fevers and had a seizure so *Canada* *ontario* temporarily suspended my license on that basis. So I'm basically f***ed until they clear me.
I never realised that the Canadian government actually suspended the drivers licenses of persons who get Covid.

I know they are doing this though.

"Premier Doug Ford announced several new measures Thursday to make life easier for Ontarians struggling to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ford said the province is suspending all renewals for driver’s licences, licence plate stickers, and health cards, saying it’s “one less thing (for Ontarians) to worry about.”

“These changes will help relieve the burden already faced by Ontarians and businesses by providing more time to renew their licences and permits without being penalized, while also reducing the need for in-person visits,” Transportation Minister Caroline Mulroney said in a release."

Seizure is why. I get the reason. If I had that seizure while driving I would most likely be dead, plus whoever else. Just sucks for me personally. Work is 65km away.

Everything is a mess here. People are required to do driving tests before the end of the year (those who need them) but there aren't any spots before next year summer.

Put about 52km ish on it so far (28ish miles) so far so good. Still making noises but who knows if they even mean anything. If it dies I'll document the disassemble process. I'm in southern ontario and met a few weirdo middle aged women who were trying to look at birds. common experience around here (point pelee national park). they didn't complain about the 2 stroke surprisingly.

At about 50ish miles (79km) probably a bit more than that... still running well. At around 30:1 now. Decided it was time to install the NGK spark plug, and looking at the original plug, move the needle up a notch (was running too rich). What a difference. It starts in 1/4 of the time and runs much better at all throttle positions. Did a 9.4km (5.8mi) run into town afterwards, checked the new plug after, looks good.

I took a video of the 'pinging' noise that I've linked below. I 100% believe it's the clutch gear jumping around, as shown in a previous linked video even though I know most of you haven't watched it :ROFLMAO:. When I slightly engage the clutch (putting tiny bit of load on the clutch) the noise goes away. I couldn't video that one handed unfortunately.

As a side bar, does anyone recommend a good clutch grip / lever? The only one I've been able to find (I'm in Canada mind you) is the one on CDH (other than rando amazon chinese stuff) and I believe is the same one that came with my Grubee GT5B kit. Look at the attached pic, mine has stripped / bent itself over time.

Attachments

• 20220527_160620[1].jpg
    20220527_160620[1].jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 106
Maybe this post should be in another spot. Regardless, I'm at 156 km (97mi) and anecdotally the engine is making more noise. Whether it's piston/rod/crank / clutch gears I have no idea. Hard to tell to be fair.

I've ordered a spare engine / clutch / gasket/ etc basically double everything I have just in case.

I did not clean the ports, I did not clean the bottom end, only top end when I put this kit together. The new engine coming I am going to completely disassemble everything and make sure everything is good. Not looking forward to the break-in period again tbh, but I have a lot of country roads where I am so it's not that big of a deal. Maybe it won't be necessary.

Around 30km ago I knew it was broken in, top end was way different and throttle characteristics changed quite a bit. Right before it was completely broken in I had a perfect tea colored / light brown plug color. I'm retarded and confused some things with regards to rich vs lean and leaned it out but now I think it's fairly decently tuned. I'm no expert.

My previous experience with 2 strokes are all snowmobile related where I didn't really have any tuning to do.

Attachments

• 20220607_003305.jpg
    20220607_003305.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 100
Back