Crankshaft rod play

Donnyten

Local time
5:11 AM
I've been breaking in an ebay 2 stroke ever since my zeda seized. I'm noticing a bit of play on the rod in between where the magneto and Engine sprocket mate. Is this normal? I didn't pay it much mind on my older zeda so I don't have a reference. I'm trying to track down some harsh bumpy vibrations at low rpms. If the video doesn't work after some time, I'll have to reupload. It's only good for a day.

That was no problem...lol...I wasn't online when you posted or it would have been done sooner, you should have no other delays now.

The approval process is only on the very first posting to be able to weed out those who are spam bots, or even real people who like to spam or scam others in the forum.

I contacted the ebay seller to show the issue. They recommend sending new oil seals. How would that solve this problem? I checked my defunct zeda engine and it does not have the same play shown.

If I may answer your question. Check close: Zelda 80 Rebuild (Motorized Bike) on YouTube by la hover at the 21:07 time on the video he briefly discusses crank shims in a “…real world situation”. Thank you.

Back