Crash!!!

re the mount - do you mean the 4 screws on the tensioner side? or the 4 hex heads on the other side - if you mean the latter I cant even get to them let alone get them off.. :(

The spokes had to be made up because the size of the nexus hub. Incidentally is it possible to convert a hub brake to a drum brake?

Jemma xx

Yes, the four screws on the tensioner side. Just unscrew the bolts and the engine slides right out of the mount.

Jemma,Interesting about a 6 cyl Henderson,I can't possibly figure out how you could pull off something like that,an inline 6 or a V6 ?, looks totally daft to me.May be someone's home brew.I have a book on the history of motorcycles in the US,"Classic American Motorcycles" by Tod Rafferty published in 2001 by Salamander Books Ltd London 8 Blenheim Court Brewery Road London N7 9NT.
ISBN 184065 244 6.Quite entertaining from a historical perspective and with good pics.There is extensive coverage of the Henderson brothers' creations,but no mention of any 6 cyl. one.The 4 cyl. job grew allready to 1300 cc !, so why anyone in his right mind would go for something like that seems like, totally nutty.

Beyond insane

Does it come with an ejection module ?,certainly needs one.You don't ever want to end up under this thing and I think it's a crying shame you can't pedal for some up-hill assist.

Jemma,Interesting about a 6 cyl Henderson,I can't possibly figure out how you could pull off something like that,an inline 6 or a V6 ?, looks totally daft to me.May be someone's home brew.I have a book on the history of motorcycles in the US,"Classic American Motorcycles" by Tod Rafferty published in 2001 by Salamander Books Ltd London 8 Blenheim Court Brewery Road London N7 9NT.
ISBN 184065 244 6.Quite entertaining from a historical perspective and with good pics.There is extensive coverage of the Henderson brothers' creations,but no mention of any 6 cyl. one.The 4 cyl. job grew allready to 1300 cc !, so why anyone in his right mind would go for something like that seems like, totally nutty.

Its an inline 6 cylinder engine - basically 1 1/2 henderson motors put together. Personally if it was me I would have the head skimmed for more power. It means all sorts of faffing about with the frame and such but it would sound great (over the howl of that 3 speed crashbox). Its not so much the weight of the thing that worries me (more weight, better roadholding) its more the crappy brakes :eek:

Strangely I have this thing against violent death :???:

Jemma xx

Must have been some weirdo's homebrew abomination,not a factory offering. This engine is allready a mile long.A normal 6 cyl crankshaft has the cranks at 120 degrees instead of 180.Just figuring out the least bad timing makes your head spin.In praise automotive folly this takes the cake !

Back