creaks and crunch

It only gets worse. Once you have a good running bike you want something better or start upgrading everything then you have enough new parts for 2 or 3 bikes lol

can I get the specific's on the coaster hub that went out? like did it have problems like mine was it old or seemingly fine?
No prior issues besides having to tighten the cones more and more frequently over time to keep it from wobbling side to side. Applied coaster gently to start slowing down, locked up and jumped the chain, had only the tiny front BMX brake to slow me down.

Now I have a disc front and a welded on v-brake rear and it stops a million times better.

if there's any critical part of a bike besides the engine stuff, it's a rear wheel. it helps to stop, cushions most of your weight, stands up to engine torque and does all the miles you ride. also wears out quicker. put a good wheel n tire on or build a wheel. not really hard. tons of vids out there.
to me it's upgrade brakes then rear wheel for first priorities, if everything starts out stock.

I have a Hyper too but didn't build it yet bcs i think _everything_ on it wont hold up to a motor

if there's any critical part of a bike besides the engine stuff, it's a rear wheel. it helps to stop, cushions most of your weight, stands up to engine torque and does all the miles you ride. also wears out quicker. put a good wheel n tire on or build a wheel. not really hard. tons of vids out there.
to me it's upgrade brakes then rear wheel for first priorities, if everything starts out stock.

I have a Hyper too but didn't build it yet bcs i think _everything_ on it wont hold up to a motor

I didn't upgrade much but it's got to be better than what came on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-21-11-22-55.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-21-11-22-55.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 378

Great frame besides the wheels assuming its the steel version. Tons of room, easy to modify, and super comfortable.

Brakes suck too, but that is normal for any beach cruiser since they are made to stop you from a 10mph cruise, not a 35+mph motorized bicycle. Front fork is a bit unsteady at over ~45ish mph due to the weird kick-out that starts to act like a springer at speed, but for a normal ~40mph build its fine.

Don't forget to mention that most wheels that come on a coaster brake equipped bike are normally not compatible with rim (or disc) brakes. If you want to be able to stop on a dime if someone pulls in front of you, you will need wheels designed for how you plan to stop. Don't use aluminum alloy designated pads on a steel rim, and don't use pads meant for steel on aluminum alloy. This topic is the #1 topic that everyone needs to pay attention to to stay alive and not be a statistic. I hate losing friends....

Back