Crimped Fuel Line

The tank was situated further forward... unfortunately the Triple Tree forks I have hit the tank right where you don't want them to hit the tank at that location.

This is how much line I have to use to reach my carby with the 4 litre tank on it because of the different style of petcock on it...It also has a super long internal tank fuel filter in it so I do not use the external fuel filters...lol.

DSCN0375.JPG

This is how much line I have to use to reach my carby with the 4 litre tank on it because of the different style of petcock on it...It also has a super long internal tank fuel filter in it so I do not use the external fuel filters...lol.

View attachment 192002
I find that internal fuel filters tend to clog easy. I just use an inline filter.

I find that internal fuel filters tend to clog easy. I just use an inline filter.
I've been doing this for years now, even with the stock gas tanks, I just make sure they are completely clean before ever using them.

I also make sure that my gas jerry jugs are actually stored in a cabinet where there is no dust, dirt, etc. that can get on the nozzle and have a mesh filter attached before pouring gas into tank...I haven't had any clogs or problems in all these years now...I do take it out once a year to check it and have not found any particulates accumulate on that internal filter whatsoever, so I guess I am doing something right...lol.

Back