Cronus!

Cronus. He was the chief god of the Titans, the Elder Gods of Greek mythology, and was defeated and supplanted by Zeus (his son), after seizing power himself from his father, Ura*us.

He ruled over the so-called "Golden Age", a time of harmony, peace and plenty.

He is golden. Hear him roar!

Thank you Simple Simon for helping me name my new bike.

And Duane,Thank you is simply not enough.
CRONUS1.JPGCRONUS2.JPG
Duane did all the work,man. I take very little credit.
I DID get that rear fender on there! I needed to clear the sprocket bolt,but you really can't notice it cause the engine kinda screams "HERE I AM!!!"Fender clear.JPG
The thick chain rubbed some on the tire. Remember now Duane had to remove the rubber spacer to clear the coaster arm so it moved the sprocket rather close. But the bike chain is doing it's thing. I really don't think I'll have any issues with this. It's definitely less stress than the stress my Happy Time takes.Bike Chain.JPG
Here he is next to MOOP. Yea,MOOP is really hurting right now. I think he's okay. He knows he's my first. But CRONUS is SUPERIOR!!! Please don't tell MOOP that. That would be the end.W:MOOP.JPG
Look here. Duane moved the rack back simply because he felt it was too close to the seat. I mean it would have been okay. But that's just not good enough. He grabbed a couple more tensioner mounts and moved it back. I tell you,I'm so glad Duane did this install,and he learned from this that cruisers need longer this and longer that.Mount.JPG
Here's the gas line. Duane put a Happy Time line on there. It simply grips better. Again,another example of his perfection. Notice though the lack of a fuel filter.Gas line.JPGThat's no big deal. I can always get one. But there is a pretty good filter at the tank.Filter.JPG

I was in a bit of a hurry today for I had to take my daughter to work so I didn't take any more pictures of Duane nor did I have time to stop at Columbine High School to see that memorial. Duane's not too far from there. But I did manage to ride it some over there.
I tell you. This is NOTHING like MOOP. NOTHING.
It starts real easy,I give it a pedal but you really don't need to (I'm used to MOOP. I feel it has to be easier on the centrifugal clutch in one way or another) And then it just goes. I need to get used to the coaster brake. I find I'm using the front brake pretty often.
This engine is so quiet. this is DEFINITELY the Downtown Bike Trail choice of transportation. And it's so easy to ride that I don't think anyone in my family would have a problem riding this bike. There's a moment that the engine becomes so quiet you can hardly hear it. It's pretty spooky,actually.
I'll still ride MOOP. MOOP is more REBEL,man. You gotta clutch this and pedal so it won't snag that and watch that tensioner and mix that gas well. And it's frame mounted so it's HAR HAR HAR!![Tim Allen]

But CRONUS is simply...MAJESTIC. It GLIDES. It says "I belong on the trail"

Tomorrow I'm gonna do some riding. A few miles at a time. I'll pack a lunch so I'll eat at the park. Then I'll check this and tighten that. Really there's not much. I mean I could carry only a 1/2 inch wrench in my pocket and if my tires don't blow that's all I need.

This is Duane's install. And he rode it too.

Duane rode my bike.

I think that ROOLS.

Oh and another thing. I told Duane yesterday about my chain breaking on MOOP. He gives me another chain.
Simply CLASS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pleased it worked out for u Large & i'm also pleased the Titan is a winner cos that's what i'm looking to buy.I tried to send Duane the money today but unfortunately they don't accept PayPal payments from overseas customers. :(
Handy info that .045 springs for the clutch pack...i'll follow that up when i order mine.If u have any comments about that clutch pack Large please let the group know?
SirJakesus...do u know for a fact that it's a 12V system...have u tapped into the wiring?

No I wasn't speaking of the titan magneto itself. I was just speaking generally of a simple 12v battery system like the ones listed in this thread:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=6581

They're well worth the time and marginal amount of effort you have to put into setting one up.
No problem man...i'm still going to follow this up just as soon as i get the time but though if someone had beaten me to it that would have been great. :)
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10155

OHHHHHHHH man I wish I wasn't so busy this week, I'd have mine put together by now. Great pics Large, it will realy help with my install.

Way to go Duane, you've been a eal trooper and patient with us. I wanted to be the first kid on the block with mine running but I'll be a proud 2nd.

Scott any pics up close you want just let me know. Duane's design is pretty amazing.

Nice lookin ride you have there. It was great of Dax to help you out the way he did. I have been reading your threads and posts and could feel your excitement while you waited to get it. I am very happy you and your new ride is now a reality. Enjoy the miles with smiles and don't forget to give Moop a ride once an a while so it does not feel left out in the rain. :)

Is it possible to lengthen the pull start cord and run it through a pulley, so you can pull it from the front?

Believe me,there is absolutely no need. It takes very little effort to pull that rope. Get it past the compression stroke then it's effortless. I thought I would strain my arm but I thought wrong.
It would be rather easy to extend it though Just knot the rope. But again,I really don't see any need.

Large, How are the wires connected? Wires from the throttle have bullet connectors abd the wires from the motor have a rectangular plug.
Thanks

Duane snipped mine for it needed it to be longer. He crimped it to blue connectors. One connector disconnected so I replaced that wire with the crimper that disconnects by pulling.That way if down the road I ever do get a no start situation I could disconnect the kill switch to eliminate the possibility of a stuck switch. I think since it's just a switch at the end it doesn't matter which wire goes with which. It's nice having the switch right there and I haven't heard anything about Magneto's blowing on this engine but it's two wires so I think it's pretty safe.
Just for coolness and out of habit when it comes to MOOP (Remember I don't have a kill switch for MOOP) I don't use the kill switch on Cronus but it's connected for when I do need it.
I've been finding it's actually rather easy to reach behind without looking and flip my choke and that stops the engine dead. I like to do this when I'm about to go downhill or about to stop and park. You can use the kill switch too but this just personalizes it for me. I'll leave it on for I plan to get some family members turned on to all this. Who knows? Maybe I could afford to get another one for my wife down the road. She'll need a woman's cruiser most likely a 24 inch. The Titan would be so perfect on that....but not mine. No. BACK OFF!!! :D

Back