Cruiser Bike Build; Brake Questions

This is how they break. This is not from rim brakes. This is from being cheap chinesium. When theses wheels break its always catastrophic. When a spoke breaks you can usually replace the broken spoke or spokes and fix the wheel.
I understand your point, but i wasn't referring to more modified bikes like the one shown in your pic with a modified carbie etc...Im only referring to stock motors, carb system, exhaust system, etc, so as to avoid over torqueing the rear wheels original design, function and longevity was all.
I believe that I can't remember seeing the mag-type wheels at Motorbicycleracing in southern California.
Definitly also not referring to racing bikes either...lol...I always build mine to be pedal assist from a dead stop so as not to overtorque and strain the overall drive train but to let the motor power ease into the situation...DAMIEN

I have a set of the mag-type wheels from CDHPower still in the box. I appreciate knowing their limitations, characteristics and the appropriate way to use them. I'm thinking one of the characteristics of the porous material used to build those wheels might be unpredictability, i.e.: the wheel may safely take a pothole at 30mph, then a year later it could catastrophically fail going over a lesser pothole at 20mph. I would change out the wheels every year or two running a stock engine.

This is how they break. This is not from rim brakes. This is from being cheap chinesium. When theses wheels break its always catastrophic. When a spoke breaks you can usually replace the broken spoke or spokes and fix the wheel.
Darn Chris you got me wanting to get rid of mine...lol. I will definitely not buy anymore.

Hi Wrench. I'm not going to use my mag wheels on a motorized bike. I don't trust that porous material they're made out of, however if someone were to use them as DAMIEN1307 describes my advice would be to change them out every year or two.

Hi Wrench. I'm not going to use my mag wheels on a motorized bike. I don't trust that porous material they're made out of, however if someone were to use them as DAMIEN1307 describes my advice would be to change them out every year or two.
I have mags on my bike, I took the paint off rim edge and polished it. I didn't find porous material.

Excuse me Chainlube, I thought that the cross section of the spoke that separated from the hub on the broken mag wheel on page one appeared to look coarse or porous. Checking it close, the picture looks inconclusive. My bad my bad.

The Mags @DAMIEN1307 has on his bike are different. They have a thicker 3 spoke as compared to the 5 thin spoke that broke
3 spoke is probably much stronger than the 5 spoke. I can tell just by looking at the design of each wheel

Back