Cruiser Bike Build; Brake Questions

Excuse me Chainlube, I thought that the cross section of the spoke that separated from the hub on the broken mag wheel on page one appeared to look coarse or porous. Checking it close, the picture looks inconclusive. My bad my bad.
Some of the older wheels might be crap, and mine might be too. I don't ride it hard and not on dirt. We have a dedicated bike path here that is paved, it's kinda like a dream come true for any motorized bike entus.

The Mags @DAMIEN1307 has on his bike are different. They have a thicker 3 spoke as compared to the 5 thin spoke that broke
3 spoke is probably much stronger than the 5 spoke. I can tell just by looking at the design of each wheel
I have mags on my bike, I took the paint off rim edge and polished it. I didn't find porous material.
I don't trust that porous material they're made out of
The mags i use are built much better than the 6 or 10 multi spoke design of most mag wheels out there...mine are not "porous" to use your terminology...They also weigh about equal to what my old spoke rims weighed in at, they are not lightweights at all...DAMIEN

Last edited:
:oops: OOPS Now that I count the broken spokes there are 6 spokes and that curved design don't help strength

The only thing i really do advise is when using these mags, because there is no "give", like with regular spoked rims, it to pay attention to the tire pressure...DO NOT inflate to the 40 to 60 PSI written on the side of the tire...There hard as a rock and so are the mags, it would feel like riding in the Flintstone mobile...i use 35 PSI anjd it gives some "give" to the tires for better grip and smooth ride...DAMIEN

www.bikeberry.com

BBR Tuning 26 Inch Heavy Duty 3 Spoke Motorized Bike Mag Wheel Set

Are you looking for a heavy-duty wheel set built for speed? Sick of having to make constant adjustments and to your spoked rim? Then the BBR Tuning 26 Inch Heavy Duty 3 Spoke Motorized Bike Mag Wheel Set is exactly what you’ve been looking for! Built to be disc-brake ready and pre-installed with...
www.bikeberry.com
www.bikeberry.com

and once again, Note the warning about mags and brakes:

WARNING: MAG WHEELS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH CALIPER BRAKES. USE OF CALIPER BRAKES THAT STOP USING FRICTION PLACED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RIM EDGE MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF THE RIM. ALL MAG WHEELS COME INCLUDED WITH DISC BRAKES AND CALIPERS. IF YOUR BIKE IS NOT DISC BRAKE READY, WE RECOMMEND THE BBR TUNING DISC BRAKE CALIPER BRACKET AVAILABLE AT

BBR Tuning Billet Aluminium Disc Brake Caliper Bracket

Be careful dude. I wouldn't listen to these sellers who hit the big time. There's a reason why tire manufacturers like Maxxis Hookworm, Kenda and Schwabe put pressure limits on the sides of tires. I am pretty old. It's 109 degrees out here. I've been drinking wine and beer since morning. I want to take a nap. I want to go on a bike ride day after tomorrow. It's good talking to all of you.

I bought mine from bike-engine.com there made by Zeda but there the bad one’s with that sh** oh well. So I’m going to build another bike it’s a Schwin aluminum frame I’m also going to put a new set of black cool looking mags on it. Lol

Attachments

• E9BA7D2C-4AB3-4302-894B-F60885BA25D7.jpeg
    E9BA7D2C-4AB3-4302-894B-F60885BA25D7.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 178
Here’s the ones he showed it picture.too late I can’t change now . Lol I just will be careful….

Attachments

• F3A6763A-E557-439D-8DAD-61B59BD2DEAF.jpeg
    F3A6763A-E557-439D-8DAD-61B59BD2DEAF.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 181
  • 7CF015DD-BF7F-451C-87B5-3F428929DD45.jpeg
    7CF015DD-BF7F-451C-87B5-3F428929DD45.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 152
Back