Cruiser with Staten Friction Drive Mitsubishi TLE43

An inexpensive cruiser. I figured I would give the concept a whirl with a low investment first)

Living in the Sanoran desert, we don't have to worry about rain causing the drive wheel to slip too much!

The motor will push me along at about 25-27 MPH (and, I'm an ex-defensive tackle!)

Attachments

• Install1.jpg
    Install1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,423
  • Install2.jpg
    Install2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,972
I had high hopes for that forum at first, the crash and burn was ugly. The forum still out there, somewhere, still smoking.

BTW. The make of the dual saddle is "Easy Seat" That one is the easy seat II, which has memory foam and the two halves are adjustable (in and out) to match the butt in question! :D

Interestingly enough, about 15 years ago, I met the inventor of the easy seat - he was a motivational speaker that the company that I worked for at the time, brought in to give a seminar on creativity.

Last edited:
BTW. If anyone's interested, I've found an English version of the Mitsubishi motor manual (well, actually Japanese and English) and I could post it in the next few days.

FYI, the TLE-43 is quite clean - it meets California emissions
Thank you, Lou, very informative! Ken

More help Please

Hey guys form panther well yesterday i 3-14-11 i put new gas in my mitisu tle 43cc engine 40:1 mix ratio and well it ran a bit longer than the day before. And i was runniong 50:1 ratio gas but it was old gas when i got this motor kit everything was running great but now it want even start .......well it will but it cuts off when i give it gas.I checked the spark plug the bottom of it is tan in color but i don't think its fouled.When i just hook the plug up and start it i can't see any spark at the bottom of the plug.PLEASE HELP i love this thing it's the first time i have ever had one of these and i love it I plan on rideing it to work this summer but not like this please help thanks Panther at this point i don't know what to do.Thanks again

Back