Cruiser with Staten Friction Drive Mitsubishi TLE43

An inexpensive cruiser. I figured I would give the concept a whirl with a low investment first)

Living in the Sanoran desert, we don't have to worry about rain causing the drive wheel to slip too much!

The motor will push me along at about 25-27 MPH (and, I'm an ex-defensive tackle!)

Attachments

• Install1.jpg
    Install1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,412
  • Install2.jpg
    Install2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,964
Nice ride. I've got the same setup on my Trek. Unfortunately, here, it's a seasonal ride. I can't tell from the picture, do you have stabilizer bars on both sides?

Curious as to how that double bun seat is treating you? My first build was a cheapie cruiser and I still haven't had too many problems with it. Looks good!
Doc

Looks nice and simple. Good for you dude sweet ride! How sturdy does the Staton kit feel? They're tempting...

*moddy edit*

That is a nice looking bike!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitsubishi sure does make a nice looking,clean,compact unit and from what i hear their very good performance wise engines...the only thing i'm not keen on is it hanging off the side.I know it's unavoidable and EVERY drive system has it's own unique set of problems/drawbacks.
You did well man....happy riding.

BTW...what did u think of Staton as a company to buy from?
I'm just about to order 3 engines from them and wouldn't mind honest customer comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back