Cruzzer Motorbikes and WhizzerPaul

Steve,
Don't be worried about oil puking out the breather hose. That's a easy fix.
Just use a C.A.O.S. Breather (Crankcase Air Oil Separator) There are many on the market.
I make one called a C.A.O.S. Seat Post Breather For Sale. check the Dealer Advertisement section.
I turned the seat post into a c.a.o.s. breather.
The air and oil are separated inside of the seat post.
You can also make one yourself out of PVC pipe and save $. But that's kinda UGlY
How to fix and repair all the problems with New Gen Whizzers and Cruzzers have all been discussed on this forum over the years.
If you do some research and ask for a little advice I'm sure this will help to fix your bike
ALOHA Wrench
Taiwan Specs - Close Enough is Good Enough?
Puking engine oil was due to the valve seats coming loose and the valve failing to seat. Forcing compression back into the valves and blowing the oil out. New seats and valves cured the problem along with a PVC valve. New mushroom lifter and all new bearings and spacing the crank end play correctly, installing a honda kein carb, and now I have an engine that runs like a swiss watch. I put both pedals in the 6 o'clock position and use them like foot pegs as pedaling is never used. Put any pedal at 10 or 2 o'clock. step down and it running like a charm.
After building over 60 corvette engine powered motorcycle and converting old 883 sportster engines to a 5" stroke and a 3 1/4' bore. Working on a whizzer is like winding a watch. The only thing I pissed about with Joe and Paul is that they fail to fess up and acknowledge any problems. and blame the unsuspecting cruzzer customers for their mistakes and now that I think about it I wouldn't want their none half ass warranty anyway. replacing junk with more junk. , jake

Hi from across the pond,
I did not realize you live in England U.K.
I guess your stuck buying parts from Joe Lin.
I don't think Cruzzer (Whizzer) Paul sell overseas.
That's too bad for you because Paul will refund or exchange any defective parts. American Values
I should look at where members are from before responding. Excuse me
Aloha
I guess in your case Joe Lin would say "You stupid Brits will buy anything I sell you"

Here in England, I've never seen another Whizzer /Cruzzer on the road, so when I bought it, I joined the forum and took advice from Quentin in order to make it reliable, which it has been. I've also done mods to the ventilation system, with a separator which drains excess oil back into the crankcase oil drain through an external pipe and a banjo fitting...and I've put over 2000 miles on it.
My concern is when I removed the side cover to retime the cam, is that the crank bearing is a needle roller.
Recently I noticed that a side cover was available with a ball bearing, so ordering from Taiwan is much cheaper than the USA (postage & import duty), so that's what I did.
I haven't fitted the cover yet as I'm on holiday shortly, so it'll have to wait 'til I get back.
Dave.

Thanks for the info, but I did read up on here about the spacer needed on the end of the crank. I actually took the cover off this morning to order bearings and found that the original are naachi and are as new. The one supplied by Joe is an open bearing made in Taiwan, but I'll replace it with an SKF and measure up for a spacer.
The new cover fits well and aligns on the dowels perfectly, so I don't see any quality issues.
Thanks for your help.
Dave.

Thanks for the info, but I did read up on here about the spacer needed on the end of the crank. I actually took the cover off this morning to order bearings and found that the original are naachi and are as new. The one supplied by Joe is an open bearing made in Taiwan, but I'll replace it with an SKF and measure up for a spacer.
The new cover fits well and aligns on the dowels perfectly, so I don't see any quality issues.
Thanks for your help.
Dave.

The SKF 6904 arrived this morning, so I decided to fit the parts. Yesterday I measured up for spacers, but found the crank had moved to the right slighty, with the cam gears about 1mm out of line and marks on the crank when it had touched the cam driven gear. I pushed the crank back until the gears were inline, then took some dimensions. I made two spacers, a 2mm one between the drive gear and the bearing inner path and the other, a 2.5mm one between the outer path and the bottom of the housing, which puts the new bearing on the same path that the needle roller previously sat.
The bearing inner path ID is size for size with the crank spigot, so had to be heated to fit up against the 2mm spacer.
It went together well, started up and sounded just like it did before.
Hope it helps.
Dave.

Hi Wrench...too late for photos. If you look at your photo of the WC1 crank, you can see a small stub, about 1mm wide x 22mm dia. The 2mm spacer (20.1 ID x 25.4 OD) has a rebate inside to clear the stub, so that the bearing sits against the spacer which sits against the crank web.
The other 2.5mm spacer (33 ID X 36.9 OD) fits between the outer path of the bearing and the end of the bearing housing in the cover, keeping the bearing located to stop side float of the crank.
Dave.

No it's not too cold here, 11dec C...a bit windy though...in fact I've just been out for a ride around North Wales on my Suzuki DR 750 and covered 140 miles.
.........I ain't going nowhere it raining......I know what you mean...belt drive and rain don't mix, I had a terrible time in the Isle Of Man a couple of years ago.
I'll take the Cruzzer out tomorrow for a run....if it's not raining.
Dave.

Well, I took the Cruzzer out today for a short run today and it runs just as well as before the bearing change also, the engine sounds a little bit quieter...happy.
Dave.

Whizzerpaul and joe lin are both scammers If I had it to do over I'd of bought another 2stroke kit the ne5 engine's are junk the cylinder is chrome plated and will bubble up the ceramic jug is just painted and comes off there aluminium nothing more the carb had metal shavings in the boul have had nothing but problems outta the engine I purchased from whizzerpaul and joe lin well he's a slope so he just dont know what the hell he's doing he sells back stock of these engine's left over from the whizzer contract I now see why they went out of business cruzzermotors is the product of both of these scammers once they get your money thats it if you have problems they'll say it's your fault I had to threaten them with lawyers to get replacement parts for their junk engine pic is crack in housing from chrome plated cylinder and bad casting due to stupid people in Taiwan I have a 99 whizzer with running ne5 engine and second wc1 engine with bad valve seats for sale make reasonable offer I'll buy me a 2 stroke I have had my 2 stroke 3 years lots of miles and only thing I've done is retoqured the head bolts twice unlike the whizzer so good luck but I'd stay away from whizzerpaul joe lin and cruzzer motorbikes Howard

All any educated person need do is read the posts of magicfingers and it will not take you long to figure him out. He is not good at telling the truth but is very good at slandering people ! If you buy anything from a manufacturer GM , Ford < Harley or WHizzer Cruzzer and do not use it as intended or hot rod it , or disassemble it . You are with out warranty and on your own . Calling Joe Lin and me names will NOT get you anywhere. Paul

Back