Curiosity aroused...🤔

Also.., that’s an AWESOME bit of info on that alternator! THANK YOU! Not sure how ye ran ‘cross that, but it never occurred to me to research A/P applications for small dynamos.

Well, FNTPuck, I don’t even know what my final RPM actually is at the output (10T) sprocket. I haven’t opened the crankcase/clutch side, to count ‘em yet...
RPM/4.1 is correct for countersprocket RPM.

Crank gear is 20t, clutch bevel gear is 82t.

Also.., that’s an AWESOME bit of info on that alternator! THANK YOU! Not sure how ye ran ‘cross that, but it never occurred to me to research A/P applications for small dynamos.

It's not a problem when I get into a topic there is no stopping my blackbelt level googlefu. Now if only I actually had any use for an alternator/generator on my bike... Initially wanted it to power good lights but I picked up a fairly bad ass headlight with external battery for $20. Then I thought it would be handy for powering a fuel gauge/tach/speedo but I made a fuel gauge site glass by simply teeing off of the petcock and running a hose up to the gas cap (drilled a hole) for about $4, purchased a solid .5 sec refresh rate inductive tach for like $20 and I just use my $1.2k phone for a speedo.

Honestly, I'm trying to find a good reason to justify spending the time building something. It's hard to not tinker with these bikes.

“Googlefu”... 🤣

5ED4E026-5473-4F5F-AAFF-C2CCF44047E4.jpeg

Back