Curious about electric!

DieselTech

Ok I'm curious on a electric bike, the only electric bike I have owned was a 24v Ezip bike, I found this bike, owner believes it 48volts, but needs new batteries. What's a good 48volt lithium battery going to cost? I'm really digging the electric bikes, but cost blows me out of the water. Heres a couple pics of the bike, what kinda options do I have battery wise?
00101_2sVJ2ZelU4jz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00G0G_6L6t0Jfomttz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Karl Snarl

MAKE YOUR OWN!!!! buy a kit, learn by reading, or mimicry with a youtube video. Way cheaper to make your own. Check out the better batteries too.

you basically just boop boop solder some crap, and boop boop solder to a board, wrapping everything real good with special tape, and cram it in a box.

hardest part is making sure the batteries are facing the right way.

DieselTech

Well bike was priced really cheap, that's the only reason I'm considering of buying it.

Wrench

When it comes to electric, IMO if it isn't working good don't buy it.
Sure the guy says it needs a battery, but it can have other problems too like a fried motor or controller

Your just buying a $50 bicycle Because you don't know if the electrics are any good

DieselTech

I believe them are sla batteries, in not for sure thou. Can some one chime in on ampere hrs rating versus mileage, say like a 20-30ah lithium battery will give you x amount of miles riding no peadaling.

Wrench

There are blue wrapper E bike batteries for 1/2 the cost of a good one But they will probably short out within 1 year
Or burn your garage or house down when your charging it :ROFLMAO: