Curious about electric!

I run lithium in my rc cars & I know all about lithium fires. Trust me I know what your saying there, that's why I only buy good 3s lipo for my rc cars. I was looking at a few lipo batts, like Dakota lithium. Hard case lithium batts I've been looking at range $500 on up.

I believe them are sla batteries, in not for sure thou. Can some one chime in on ampere hrs rating versus mileage, say like a 20-30ah lithium battery will give you x amount of miles riding no peadaling.

Range depends on how fast ya go how many hill's ya climb what load
the Wattage of the motor etc...

All I know is if ya look at the E bikes for sale they give an estimated ranges for different weights, power levels and speed.
It can differ by 1/2 as many miles estimated

If this helps, when I don't pedal and use my throttle only on a 48v 14ah battery with a 750w rear hub motor
My speed varies depending on the terrain with some small hills and I get 25 miles without draining the battery dead.
I could probably stretch some more miles out of it if I wanted.

But if I was to PAS in power level one or two I might be able to go 45 miles. I never tried
That's why I have 2 batteries so I can have a reliable 50 miler range without PAS
With PAS it would obviously be more miles

Research the motor and contact the manufacturer for their recommendation. It would be better to start from scratch with a new bike, add a BaFang mid-drive, and a 58.8V lithium pack. Whatever you don't follow the cry of "Make your own!" It's like listening to a bad house painter saying, "Dude, you can remove your own pancreas you don't need an expert." The biggest question is... "do you want to ride that bike for years to come?

No I would like to build my own, using the bafang mid drive, just dont have the funds right now. I think the bafang unit i want is $1000, plus a $600-$700 for a battery. Maybe next year.

No I would like to build my own, using the bafang mid drive, just dont have the funds right now. I think the bafang unit i want is $1000, plus a $600-$700 for a battery. Maybe next year.
You can find a BBSHD for about $600.00 and a 2000Wh battery for about the same. Don't waste the money on something you are just going to replace. Christmas is just around the corner!

What's the difference between that mid drive you mentioned & the BBSHD-02 mid drive?

The BBS02 is 750W 1.006 h.p. the BBSHD is 1000W 1.34 h.p,., it's better to have more power than you need rather than less. The weight of the two is about the same, but the HD is much easier to rebuild should that ever become necessary.

Can them mid drives be put on a vintage style cruiser, without butchering the bike up?

They will fit almost any bike with a standard bottom bracket. If you have a bike now that you enjoy adding a BaFang BBSxx is the best way to start. You can always remove the motor when you buy a new bike.

Back