Curious about electric!

1000w bbshd mid drive on that and you wont look back bro.

My 1500w Hub drive is nice and the 750w bbs02 road bike (skinny tires) alot like yours, is nice,
so i am building a 1000w bbshd from lunacycle on a cerres ub2 700c with 52v 30ah battery.

I love the road bike cuz it got me hooked on these mid drives but those skinnt skinny tires are killin me :ROFLMAO:

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP
Lol I didn't really understand much of that but when I'm ready to learn some stuff, you're the guy I'm asking.
I know exactly what you mean about the skinny tires tho lol. It's lots of fun to ride and plenty of range for me but a little more umph wouldn't hurt. I figure I'll learn on this one and go from there. I still love the gasbikes especially with the minarelli setup.
It's always great to hear from you brother.
Ride safe.

The case for over volting a smaller motor is to increase wattage. My 250W 24v controller/motor combo makes 240w
@ the 10amp limit of the controller. Running the stats thru an on line calculator, using the 48v controller which is limited to 20amps with an input of 50v the 250w hub is now running 1000w. This would be full throttle on a full charge. I have over volted every hub I have run to no detriment. The current 250w hub is geared, I never slap it to it out of respect
for the little gears, yet it is capable of speeds in the upper 20s on a full charge. Best thing about a geared hub is no
resistance to pedaling or cogging like a hub motor. If you want tp experiment with higher voltages the old common
9C hub will take high voltages and can be modded for really high Vs.

I guess I left a bit out in my post. My idea in over volting I was mainly applying to smaller cheaper motors, even bottom
end ebikes to increase performance. What works for me, is probably not for everyone, unless they understand what they are doing. The bike I have been referring to started as a $119 wheel only, a $30 controller, and 6 4s 5000 lipos. Cost $20 each at the time from Hobby King. The battery pack is modular packs can be arranged in many configurations. I have run this set up on different hubs also. The 9c on 60v was pretty snappy and easily topped 30 on a full charge. I was headed for a high voltage build with it, including replacing the phase wires, but never did as I began to use the bikes for transportation. I have seen modded 9cs running close to 100v.The lipos give greater range than a given pack of li-ion. I do a lot of commuting
on only 5000/12s. I can hold that pack in one hand. Makes for an incredibly light bike. Want to go farther add another 5000/12s for 10000mah. As far as durability, I have not had a component failure. Guess Im saying there are many ways
to do things. This approach has worked the best for me. Best bang for the buck.

Back