Current project:

My bmx dream is for the future. For now, me and a friend are going to put a yd100 on this, a big headlight, tail light, turn signals, maybe some racks and leather bags, mirrors, speedometer. What you all think? Any ideas come to mind? I'm going to try and sell for profit, already like 500 bucks in with the bike, speedometer, mirrors, tail light, engine kit all purchased. Still waiting for an open time to build.

I’m going to watch and chime in every once in a while. My first chime is what kind of brakes you going with.Also how are you going to power lights?

I’m going to watch and chime in every once in a while. My first chime is what kind of brakes you going with.Also how are you going to power lights?
Caliper brakes, but they are detached since I just painted( the clearcoat looks good but did not cure right so it's a little dusty, maybe I can wax it). These brakes are good some of the best I've had on a bike but I haven't seen much good.

I'm thinking of standalone battery included lights for simplicity and cost. Do you have any recommendations for a nice huge but not costly headlight? I think the bigger one is the better it will look. Also if there are any external battery lights you think of you can recommend some of those too. Do you prefer internal or externally powered lights?

View attachment 98799
My bmx dream is for the future. For now, me and a friend are going to put a yd100 on this, a big headlight, tail light, turn signals, maybe some racks and leather bags, mirrors, speedometer. What you all think? Any ideas come to mind? I'm going to try and sell for profit, already like 500 bucks in with the bike, speedometer, mirrors, tail light, engine kit all purchased. Still waiting for an open time to build.

If you plan to keep the fenders, read up on how to reinforce them. Otherwise you should remove them.

Yes I agree the bigger headlight looks better. So get the led ones there brighter and last a lot longer.

Yes I agree the bigger headlight looks better. So get the led ones there brighter and last a lot longer.
If you plan to keep the fenders, read up on how to reinforce them. Otherwise you should remove them.
will take it for a ride once complete to determine how to reinforce the fenders. Ty for telling me this would never have thought of it

will take it for a ride once complete to determine how to reinforce the fenders. Ty for telling me this would never have thought of it
Look up past threads on this. For initial test riding remove the fenders. Under no circumstances ride with those fenders until you reinforce them. Please, I don't want your first ride to possibly be your last ride. That's just how serious this matter is.

Great proverb for you.

A fool never learns from their mistakes.

A smart person learns from their mistakes.

A truly wise person learns from other people's mistakes.

This is but just one of many threads on the subject of fender disasters and fixes.

Last edited:
Back