Currently Available *Real* Expansion Chamber Upgrade Options 2022

Acefire

Local time
3:37 AM
So I was looking to throw on an expansion chamber on my bike, but there is a ton of knock-off china crap floating around fleshed out with convincing marketing.

I read on another thread here that I the MZ65 is the real deal and to avoid bananas and knock offs:

But I am not 100% up-to-date and into the culture yet, so I don't know a reliable option to order that isn't A. Fake B. Crap and C. Gimmick.

For example, take a look at this:

Tempting me, but after comparing it doesn't look right - almost like it is a knock-off and not going to actually perform right due to tube diameter etc...

I want to keep it stock as possible minus plug, jet, exhaust, carb adjustments. People make it seem like "YOU'RE GOING TO DOUBLE YOUR PERFORMANCE BRUH!" with an exhaust upgrade, so I am highly tempted to try it out.

Any suggestions on one I can order right now that is vetted or a true MZ65 style?

Thoughts?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I can only tell ya that im running a stock Zeda 80 motor, with a stock exhaust, 36 tooth rear sprocket, with a low profile 360 air filter, an NGK-B6HS spark plug gapped at .025, and a BoFeng carby which is a much better improved carby version of the old stock NTs...I have, on a good windless day achieved 51MPH on flat road surface and am able to go 32 to 35 MPH going up hill...My gas/oil ratio is 32:1 using only Amsoil Dominator full synthetic 2 stroke racing oil, and 1 once per gallon of Amsoil Dominator Octane Boost...The only gasoline i use is ethanol-free gas which is all i recommend to use on 2 stroke motors...DAMIEN

@Karl Snarl is the real whiz when it comes to custom exhaust and the modifications needed to the motor setup to run these exhausts properly.

Any suggestions on one I can order right now that is vetted or a true MZ65 style?

Thoughts?

what you get on ebay. An what I do is get a big bertha or similar mz65 pipe, they cost less, but I add a 4 staged header and a 1/2 to 5/8th stinger, with muffler and tune the length to my engine.
pips2.jpg
pips.jpg

These are old pics of the 3 stage it first was, four stage works better for my rides in my opin. I was just playing around with those, I'm a much better welder. Since I used mild steel, I need to get a gas tank and some electrodes before I can do stainless with my tig, I will have to wrap any pipe I make right now, they will rust. I could coat them, but that would cost more too. To be honest, if you bought one from me, it would cost you more than just buying the real mz65. I'm making everything by hand in my home shop.

@Karl Snarl is the real whiz when it comes to custom exhaust and the modifications needed to the motor setup to run these exhausts properly.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So I was looking to throw on an expansion chamber on my bike, but there is a ton of knock-off china crap floating around fleshed out with convincing marketing.

I read on another thread here that I the MZ65 is the real deal and to avoid bananas and knock offs:

But I am not 100% up-to-date and into the culture yet, so I don't know a reliable option to order that isn't A. Fake B. Crap and C. Gimmick.

For example, take a look at this:

Tempting me, but after comparing it doesn't look right - almost like it is a knock-off and not going to actually perform right due to tube diameter etc...

I want to keep it stock as possible minus plug, jet, exhaust, carb adjustments. People make it seem like "YOU'RE GOING TO DOUBLE YOUR PERFORMANCE BRUH!" with an exhaust upgrade, so I am highly tempted to try it out.

Thoughts?
You are correct, the one in the link is garbage. Find a real MZ65, or consider something similar. Dig around in used motorcycle parts on eBay. I have used a Honda CR65 and also a KTM65. It’ll almost certainly require some cutting and welding, but the right size expansion chamber may be worth it

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

what you get on ebay. An what I do is get a big bertha or similar mz65 pipe, they cost less, but I add a 4 staged header and a 1/2 to 5/8th stinger, with muffler and tune the length to my engine.
View attachment 167984View attachment 167985
These are old pics of the 3 stage it first was, four stage works better for my rides in my opin. I was just playing around with those, I'm a much better welder. Since I used mild steel, I need to get a gas tank and some electrodes before I can do stainless with my tig, I will have to wrap any pipe I make right now, they will rust. I could coat them, but that would cost more too. To be honest, if you bought one from me, it would cost you more than just buying the real mz65. I'm making everything by hand in my home shop.
Thats some serious DIY. I am still at the point where I'm like "hey maybe I need mirrors on this thing" lol.

But.... One day Karl! - when I get my welding stuff I left at my grandma's barn.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I can only tell ya that im running a stock Zeda 80 motor, with a stock exhaust, 36 tooth rear sprocket, with a low profile 360 air filter, an NGK-B6HS spark plug gapped at .025, and a BoFeng carby which is a much better improved carby version of the old stock NTs...I have, on a good windless day achieved 51MPH on flat road surface and am able to go 32 to 35 MPH going up hill...My gas/oil ratio is 32:1 using only Amsoil Dominator full synthetic 2 stroke racing oil, and 1 once per gallon of Amsoil Dominator Octane Boost...The only gasoline i use is ethanol-free gas which is all i recommend to use on 2 stroke motors...DAMIEN

I'm really not looking for top speed, rather raw torque. I want it to pull me up a hill more easily, and get me taking off from a dead stop. Top end speed would be a nice benefit from more power, but I just want it all down low. I don't want to be doing 50mph on a mountain bike from walmart lol.

I don't want to be doing 50mph on a mountain bike from walmart lol.
I don't do that all the time myself, just long enough for me to know it would get out of its own way...lol.

I cruise between 30 to 35 MPH wherever i go and it is a Wally World bike, but it is better than most of their offerings...It is the Hyper beach cruiser that i use...lol.

Here is the before and after look.

bfb61811-6c28-4323-9ac2-8e0ff717cfe1_1.19a1af507b81bd794153b1c0bb3d3b08.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpg

Back