Custom bottom ends

Notnerbsixela

Local time
9:45 AM
I been doing upgrades on my 80cc iron sleve. From 21mm carb g2 reed iron sleve 49mm bore cylinder high compression head to expansion chamber. I been seeing how people get custom bottom ends and I been asking how where can I get my hands on one and how much? And is it really a good upgrade or is it worth the money?

20221008_074502.jpg

I been doing upgrades on my 80cc iron sleve. From 21mm carb g2 reed iron sleve 49mm bore cylinder high compression head to expansion chamber. I been seeing how people get custom bottom ends and I been asking how where can I get my hands on one and how much? And is it really a good upgrade or is it worth the money?

View attachment 181962
It's a rabbit hole/ slippery slope when it comes to custom stuff. How much money do you have to spend & how much time are you willing to wait for it.

That's the thing I'm a person that takes all the information first and then make a decision and there is 0 information money performance durability that's what I want to know if I can spend 2 300 bucks and still have the performance of a stock one then what's the use?...

That's the thing I'm a person that takes all the information first and then make a decision and there is 0 information money performance durability that's what I want to know if I can spend 2 300 bucks and still have the performance of a stock one then what's the use?...
Well the last time I checked, a custom billet bottom end. Was somewhere in the $500-$700 dollar range, then you got to match that to a $200-$400 cylinder kit. Then you need the pipe/expansion chamber to match cylinder kit, & they range in the $250-$350price range. If I had the cash I would build 1 just to say I did it. But for $800-$1000 dollars I can go buy a new franco morini 50-65cc dirt bike engine & be way better off.

Wow I didn't know it could go for that much!!!! For 2 to 300 I can take a saw head and piston on a 100cc bottom and do 50mph easy, and not brake the bank. I also was looking at the minarelli build and still wouldn't be close to those numbers. Wow thanks for the info..

Even building a quality minarelli hybrid is going to cost a lot of money. Good quality minarelli cylinder kits are $160-$300, then you need the pipe expansion chamber to support it & that's another $220-$300. It's all what you want to do in build quality wise in parts.

I got the 70cc cylinder and head with piston for 120 the flange cost 37 the expansion was 210 and yes its all about how much u want to pay for quality parts ur right. But I was looking to see if it was worth investing into it for performance... but I been buying my parts for the minarelli little by little I just didn't know which way to go on the bottom end.

Personally I think I would buy a Arrow balanced & trued crankshaft, then buy good crankshaft support bearings timken, skf, or nitachi & start there. Wouldn't break the bank either.

I got the 70cc cylinder and head with piston for 120 the flange cost 37 the expansion was 210 and yes its all about how much u want to pay for quality parts ur right. But I was looking to see if it was worth investing into it for performance... but I been buying my parts for the minarelli little by little I just didn't know which way to go on the bottom end.
Yep use that stuff you mentioned on the bottom end I mentioned & I think you would have great little reliable performer.

Back