Custom (discreet) gas tank ideas?

this tank is from a 2 hp Yamaha outboard motor. Its great!

Attachments

• P6150007.JPG
    P6150007.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 577
I bought it from Ebay, do a search for 96 ounce fuel tank!

Forum member "PORKCHOP" just bought the same one from the same guy off of Ebay like mine. The first tank he got leaked a little, after an email to the seller he gladly sent him a replacement tank for free!

Not to mention the added distance you can go with 3/4 gallons of fuel...

Here's a couple of photos of the 96 oz. tankk beaudry is talking about ! If you want eBay sellers name, let me know.

Attachments

• ft1.jpg
    ft1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 570
  • ft3.jpg
    ft3.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 518
I got my 96oz. fuel tank from this guy @ eBay. His eBay user name is firebirdtransam455. I just looked on eBay and did not see any. He told me about 2 weeks ago that he still had a few of them left. I paid right at $13.00 delivered. The first one leaked like crazy where the hoses come out of the tank. He replaced it, no charge, and the second one leeked too. Not nearly as bad. I put some sealant that I had on it and so far it's good. s_beaudry said he's had no problem with his tank.

Don't know if you're trying to be funny with this one or not, but I think that would be a hoot ! Thanks for the idea !

Semi-serious, but after some thought it might be bad if you were seen riping the dolls head off at the filling station or worse yet inserting the nozzle in its mouth. You could get beat to a pulp before you could explain.

May a large teddy bear? They come in virtually any size.

I've seen that flat tank from DAX before. Not to sure it will be a quick connect with a friction drive set up. And in my case, my seat is down as low as it will go and the bike is about the proper height for me, so raising the seat and instaling a rear rack that fastens to the seat post is not an option. To be honest, I like the flat tank better than the one I have. I like the stealthy apperance, or the lack of, maybe I should say. Maybe next build !

Back