Custom Gas Tank

Look at the disposable fire extinguishers, some are pretty cheap, just empty it and replumb to a gas tank, add a neck to the top for a filler neck. Also on eBay look for used small oxygen tanks, same, reasonable price but will need some modifications.
Thanks. I had this idea myself, spent a good deal of time looking at fire extinguishers, some older ones have some funky looking parts on them, could be fun. The problem is I don't have the tools or knowledge to customize a tank.

Thanks. I had this idea myself, spent a good deal of time looking at fire extinguishers, some older ones have some funky looking parts on them, could be fun. The problem is I don't have the tools or knowledge to customize a tank.
I Believe you can do it :)

What if I said "not sure why ya want to mount the tank behind the seat when you can use the tank that comes with the kit."

It's a Cyl Tank like ya wanted. You can always cut the seat mount off and mount the Tank up font.

It's a Cyl Tank like ya wanted. You can always cut the seat mount off and mount the Tank up font.
I had considered this already. There are two problems though. The fill cap is in the center. If I mount that on my angled top tube I'm not going to be able to fill that tank as much as if the cap was at one end. Also the drain bung is usually dead center. Having a drain at five o'clock if preferable so that I can center the tank on the tube.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back