Custom made oil drain hose

michael whiteman

Local time
3:07 PM
DRAINZIT will make a custom length oil drain hose. These have a specially made metric fitting with an O-ring seal that fits the engine and a cap on the other end. There is also a custom made 90 degree fitting to screw into the crankcase if necessary. Unfortunately they are only available in red. You have seen these on ebay and Amazon. I just talked with Dan, the owner, at 208-916-6204 who was really helpful.

Drain valve from a air compressor works too. just find the right brass bushing to thread in and thread the valve. Then add the hose when draining oil, twist and boom, oil burns you're hand , errr I mean is goes down the hose to the oil drain pan.

Good luck finding the metric fitting that goes in the crankcase
I work for an industrial supplier. They are actually rather easy to find. I just ask a salesmen for a catalog for anything i need. Its just a brass bushing. Outside for case thread, inside for drain valve. Nothing fancy, just a simple threaded bushing. Even so, they make dies and taps. you can tap your own rather quickly if you are having problems finding a bushing and don't work for an industrial supplier. Even retap the case thread if you wantes. Tap and die kit comes in handy on these bikes. You can get a cheap kit for 40 bucks that will last forever and a day with just bike use.

That's interesting Karl. You're saying there is a bushing with metric threads on the outside and NPT threads in the center ? Now if you have a valve that screws into the bushing, I imagine the hole through it is going to be rather small. I'd rather not wait most the day for the oil to drain out. I already do that with my truck that has one of those quick drain valves in the pan.

That's interesting Karl. You're saying there is a bushing with metric threads on the outside and NPT threads in the center ? Now if you have a valve that screws into the bushing, I imagine the hole through it is going to be rather small. I'd rather not wait most the day for the oil to drain out. I already do that with my truck that has one of those quick drain valves in the pan.
you match the bushing threads to the nipple/valve threads. They make all kinds of different bushings and couplers. How i would do it would be, find the bushing that fits, and then find a valve that fits. They even make nuts that are split in two that you can attached without threading the whole rod length!!! Even nuts and bolts that take both left and right handed threads on the same bolt. Man they make some crazy stuff, no joke.

Back