custom phoenix bike

hey guys have finished another custom lowered and stretched bike. started with a Phoenix Bike Works frame, the bike to start with is alow rider stretch set-up for gas engine. we modded the rear frame to fit the 24 x 4 1/4 fatty tire with an 80 mm wide rim, relocated the seat post and lowered it too. standard typer chopper forks with disc brakes, drag style bars and finnally a 1000 watt electric drive kit with rear disc brake. enjoy the pics.

Picture125.jpg

Picture124.jpg

Picture126.jpg

that's a bad a$$ looking bike! i love the low drag bike stance, love the front forks, drag bars and the rear tire.
excellent, clean work on that!

Awh Dave.. I adore what you've with this bike.. heck ya beat me to the punch, with my own bike.. all good JuJu though
Jeesh, I am behide on the E Bike, yet am doing one.. I did Modifiy the standard Bike frame kit, so as to except 3" tires if powered by gas with belt drive. or the 4.25 tires as you've done with this E-Motor, still retaining the passage through the frame rails for Cables, and wiring.. We have a Bike rental Co. out of Hawaii wanting an electric version we're working on now..
They say, they want the reliablity of the e Bike. and they plan on just having extra charged batterys. as to keep ever bike just on the road.. I do believe this wave will be the future. and hope to have something to show by fall.
Hats Off to ya Dave.. You are never a dull moment my friend..
DK-Helmutt Cycles
www.phoenixbikeworksinc.com

Attachments

• 35452_1380695448924_1578085524_895294_6173013_n.jpg
    35452_1380695448924_1578085524_895294_6173013_n.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,994
  • Picture_124.jpg
    Picture_124.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,736
Last edited:
thanks Kramer i really like this frame set-up. this bike rides so smooth and straight !! i feel the same as you electric bikes will be a big deal in the future, just need the electric kits to come down in price. with my bike i wanted it to sit as low as i could go and the big tire is a killer look. good luck with your new project.

That is such a sexy looking frame! It reminds me of the Harley 45ci frames.
I would love to put a 4-stroke kit in one of them. Yeah I know, it's not the wave of the future, but I am a petrol head as well.
I would be very happy to go electric if I could get 50+ miles out of one between "fills" without spending a fortune on batteries, and "refill" in less than 5 minutes. :(

Last edited:
yah i agree this is the downfall with electric bikes. and i still have a gas bike, but it is nice to ride a bike that is quiet and smooth feel and very low maintaince. the electric gives you a very clean look to the build.

Love the frame, but it looks like it's uncomfortable and it would be a bear to pedal. The BB might have been better placed a little more forward.

Forward foot pegs

Yes.. The pedaling is a bit cramped, with the seat down so low. I have considered having an optional bolt on nub of an air dam as did this old product, I designed 11 years ago with forward foot peg mounts, Shown here in this doodled up drawing what could be .. Then use baby sized crank arms just so legally it still is technically a Bicycle... Hmmm? maybe I should do it as I planed.?? But You tell me what you think?
DK-Helmutt
www.phoenixbikeworksinc.com

Attachments

• SAVE0034-2.jpg
    SAVE0034-2.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 1,012
  • l_b15764de91f55e2f61eca3a6485036e6.jpg
    l_b15764de91f55e2f61eca3a6485036e6.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:
yes i agree, thr frame is normally set-up for gas motor, with the mods i have done it rides great but does not pedal well. i have also relocated the seat and lowered it. with the electric drive i don't do much pedaling.

Back