Cutting out at high speeds

D

davidsis

My bike wants to cut out at high speeds. I have always heared that if engines do this it is fuel related, and that usually when it does it at low speeds it is ignition related. Only thing different done to the bike was a 7mm automotive style spark plub wire and boot. Probably easier if I first put the original one back on first hu?

did it start cutting-out as soon as you changed the plug wire?

otherwise, look to the fuel: mixture, filter, cookie had a clogged jet i recall...

i've gotten pretty good at making adjustments "on the fly" by feel, the mixture screw moves fairly quickly on longer runs.

That's it

It was the mixture screw. It was rich thanks brow. Hey what does that mean if you have to load or unload go to the white side?

frank zappa
joe's garage - the story of frank's experiences with warner brothers
"the central scrutinizer" is always saying that throughout the story

Hello folks, I am having this same problem with my 65cc and I am curious if you guys mean the idle speed screw when you say "mixture screw."

Thanks!

John

Hello folks, I am having this same problem with my 65cc and I am curious if you guys mean the idle speed screw when you say "mixture screw."

Thanks!

John

I don't think they mean the idle screw...i think they mean the mixture needle actually inside the carby.It has 4 settings and generally it's on the default factory 2 setting.I needed to place mine on the 4th setting to make it run richer.
While your there o-ring your carby if u havn't already done so.
There's heaps of posts about carby's....best to start searching man. :)

Back