CVT dilemma

Benedetto Giubilato

Local time
1:03 AM
Hello everybody
I am Benedetto, and i live in Canada. I am building a motorized bicycle using an Honda gx 31 on an MTB frame. I would like to use a X2 CVT minibike transmission ( http://www.partsforscooters.com/CVT-Transmission ). Do you have experience of this cvt on that engine? My concern is about the clutch diameter, is a 77 mm clutch bell ok?
Thank you guys
Benedetto

No not really when I look up a cvt it is $1000 I can have 5 motorised bikes for that lol and if your motor has not got enough torque it won't pull in the hardest gears not enough power and probably won't go any Faster the a stock 66cc single gear . 60kmh .

That little engine will never pull a belt CVT transfer case, I tried using a CVT on a 79cc 4-stroke and it easily sucked a full HP of power just to function.

I also had to smile at their dual small chain pocket bike transfer cases, thats the same $50 POS gasbike used to put in their 4-stroke kits, great for ~100 miles or so and the chains break in, then your screwed as there is no way to adjust them.

I think I still have a couple laying around here somewhere... gasbike had a good sale and I bought a couple kits for the engine and some spare parts but used a good 4G transfer case on the builds.
$20 and shipping if you want one of them as I will never use one on anything I build.

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind answers! KCvale, can you please send me a private message with some pictures of what you would like to sell? thank you

There is a difference between a pocket bike cvt that's not really a cvt at all. and a $1000 cvt off a x1 pocket bike that is a real cvt ...One Guy On here put a 35cc engine in the bike frame with a so called cvt that changes the Direction that the motor spins so he could run it straight to his original bike gears like a Jack shaft but just motor to gears no shaft. .his post is on here some were

Back