CVT CVT For Smaller 4 Stroke?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Treewk, you're a true innovator. Very Promising, but the devil is in the details. From these photos, which I have seen before, the pedals look like they have been disconnected, which would make your invention a motorbike and illegal in Illinois. The
pedals have to work to be legal motorized bicycle. Am I wrong? If I'm wrong, please completely explain your connection to the rear wheel.

The second bike does have pedals. Something like the new dax setup. A 4 stroke motor, a gearbox and a connection to the main right side sprocket, and then shifting through
the rear sprocket. Right?

Mike, Here Is A Pic With The Pedal Chain On. Makes It A 3 Speed When Pedaling, By Shifting With Front Derallier. The Back Wheel Is A Normal Rear Shifter With The Cassette Screwed Off. Place A Spacer On The Wheel Hub, Then Screw On A Free Wheel Sprocket Adapter (with The Large Sprocket Bolted On And Facing The Spokes, Then You Can Leave Out The Center Spacer That I Have In The Picture). Not Using The Spacer Between The Free Wheel Bearings Allows More Threads Connecting Them. I Use A Connector From A $4. Bottom Bracket Kit To Join Free Brgs. Works Very Nice. The Cvt Is Like A Auto Transmission. There Is No Shifting In The Wheel Hub. I HAD TO HAVE THE SPACER BETWEEN THE FREE WHEELS BECAUSE THE REAR DERAILILER HIT THE LARGE SPROCKET. BOLTING THE LARGE SPROCKET ON THE INSIDE OF THE ADAPTER ELIMINATES THE CENTER SPACER. THE SPACERS ARE SPECIAL, NOT COMMON. RON

Attachments

• 100_1025.jpg
    100_1025.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 446
  • 100_1021.jpg
    100_1021.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 398
  • DUAL FREEWHEELS.jpg
    DUAL FREEWHEELS.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 414
  • RH FREEWHEELS PARTS.jpg
    RH FREEWHEELS PARTS.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 699
Why noy just mount the engine in the frame (where it belongs IMHO) but turned to the right side, bolt on your CVT and use two freewheels like Treewk did. looks good, no overly high COG.

Yb, Am Thinking About That, The Width With The Cvt Is The Main Problem. May Try Mounting It In My Stretch Cruiser, The Pedals May Be Far Enough In Front Of The Motor. Am Working On A Jackshaft Set Up For Several Motors And Frames. Ron

So what you've done is figure out a way to mount the cvt on the right side, and not
interfer with the operation of the pedals. The result is a more stable bike and better looking. The right side rackmount is ok, a great solution. Can you do it inside the frame,
as above, and do you see any reason why your solution would not work with a smaller
GX35 or Robin 25cc engine, other than dealing with a smaller diameter clutch? Mike
Good work!!

Mike, As I Posted Earlier, Nuttsy Ran The 35cc 78mm Clutch Robin/suburu For Months, Drove It Work Most Of The Time. Myself, I Would Stay With The 78mm Clutch Motors, There Are A Lot Of Them. The Titan 4 Stroke, The Pocket Bike Motors, The 35cc Robin/subaru, The 4 Stroke 31cc Hondas, The Cag Motors. You Have So Many Options With The 78mm Clutch. They All Have The Same Bolt Pattern. And Many Trannys Bolt Right Up. Myself, I See No Reason To Mess With A 54mm Clutch Motor. Yeah , Bolt On Any 78mm Clutch Motor You Can Make Fit. The Free Wheel Brgs Are Nice, When You Let The Motor Idle You Coast With No Drag. When You Pedal There Is No Engine Drag. Hope This Helps. Ron

Mike, My Cvt Bikes Had 7 Speed Cassettes On The Rear Wheels. Now They Are Single Sprockets. Ron

Mike, My Cvt Bikes Had 7 Speed Cassettes On The Rear Wheels. Now They Are Single Sprockets. Ron

Since you are one of the first pionieers in adapting CVT to a MB, could you tell us if you noticed any power loss, or 50% increased fuel consumption due to CVT "losses" as some people claim on the other thread?

Andy, Have Not Rode Cvt`s Since August. Have 2 Builds With Cvt. The Horizontal Cyclinder Cag Motor With 52 Cc Big Bore Kit. I Had A 49cc Stock Cag Motor On It First, The 52 Seemed Faster And More Powerfull. Did Not Test Cvt`s With Gps Speedo. Took The Titan 4 Stroke 49cc To Wi. In July/august. My Brother Clocked Me At 25 Mph With Car. The Throttle Is Not Full Opening ( Don`t Know What Top Speed Is Lost) And I Weigh 325 With Lots Of Wind Drag. It Is Geared To Low, Would Pull A Trailer With Ease. It Starts Out With Me On Level Pavement At 1/4 Throttle With Ease, As If It Were Riderless. My Friend Has A 35cc 4 Stroke Cvt, Weights About 200 And It Ran A Little Over 25 Mph. He Ride`s It To Work When The Wearther Is Good (tampa, Fl. It Has Been Very Cool In Fl. Bummer).. About 2 Weeks Ago He Installed The Hf 52cc 2 Stroke Water Pump Motor In Place Of The 35cc Robin. He Said He Is Running With 40 Mph Car Traffic Now And They Are Not Passing Him. I Think He Is Still Using The Same Sprockets As With The 35cc. I Hope This Answers Your Question A Little. I Plan On Rideing The Cvt`s More And Use Gps For Speed (very Accurate). They Are Smooth And Dependable, Belts Last A Long Time. I Was Riding My Titan Shifter Build A Lot Until It Got So Cool Out Side. Clocked It With Gps, Got Up To 32 Mph In 5th Gear. That`s Scary Fast For Me When I Look Down At The Cheap Wheels. I have no idea of fuel milage. I think sprockets would fix fuel milage. i don`t think there is much drag in cvt. Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back