Cyclist's drunken snooze on freeway.Sydney Australia

wow -- what a story

the ending I thought to be rather amazing
he was last seen heading to the train station

a second DUI arrest within that short period here in Calif
he would be in jail for a while
and the beginning of much suffering ahead

I also realize that if events such as this keep happening
as I have noticed in just a very few states -- will become common I think in most
special laws that state -- dui drivers WILL NOT be able to ride motorized bicycles....

makes it hard to ride that THING

Man, he got off easy. I hate to hear negative press about motored bikes....anywhere.

In Kansas, a "habitual offender" can get a license to operate a Moped, provided they continue with their court ordered course of action. (AA, treatment, counseling, etc.)

This gives NO amnesty for future DUI/DWI offenses.

:unsure: This could also be Kansas' way to "thin the herd".

idiot

:rolleyes:What a stupid idiot, now the cops will think everybody that rides a motorized bike has a previous DUI. He,s screwed it up for everybody in Australia.
Please dont make a big fool out of yourself here in the States or Canada and screw it up for us here.In other words if you get stupidly drunk do everyone a favour and walk ,don,t ride.

Well put, MotorMac.

The problem is that the ones who might make us look bad are going to go right ahead and do it.

So we've got to put a positive spin on ourselves.

Be very visible and drive like a boy scout.

If enough of us do this, we might keep ourselves safe. We might even attract other level-headed types.

So he'd be looking at a 'Gorilla's in the mist' experience sans Dian Fossey lol. There were two twin girls in the uk, decided to walk across one of the motorways both got hit by artics... but both, to the amazement of police et al got up, were fine, and starting going postal on the cops & the fire/emts... both women seemed completely fine..

They'd been walking up the central reservation as if it was the pavement!

Great,that's just what we need....another drunken wanka on a MB.
Whoever said "any publicity is good publicity" is also a wanka;probably his brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hasn't always been the case with me either, Mountainman.

30 years ago I might not have been the wildest driver on Earth, but I was somewhere in the mid-range. (though even then I was cautious on motorcycles)

Now the twenty-somethings who are unfortunate enough to find themselves behind me get impatient and think something like, "Let's gooo, grampa"

I think they call that "the circle of life".

Back