Cyclists Killed in DFW area.

Yeah, I lost a good friend to a drunk driver when I was 16. We're surfers, and when one of us is lost like that, it's tradition to burn their surfboard. I still cannot get the smell of burning fiberglass out of my head, and ever since this incident, I have not been drunk. I just can't relax and enjoy alchohol...well maybe a beer with a burger and football game, on my tv, not driving anywhere.

People get drunk, and think they're better/smarter/faster than the proven statisitics, and it's not going to happen to them. Getting busted DUI sucks, but killing someone is a whole different game. Even if this guy walks, which he should not, he'll carry quite a burden with him for the rest of his life, too...HOPEFULLY, he won't drink any more, HOPEFULLY, he'll help stop others from drinking and bring some kind of good from a terrible tragedy. It's sad.

I lost an acquaintance to a drunk driver two weeks ago. Hit head-on by a 75 year old guy who crossed left of center into oncoming traffic. Both were killed instantly. It's sobering, to say the least.

I like beer as much as the next guy (heck, I make it) but it's really made me think. What am I supposed to do if there's an emergency and I need to go somewhere or just be clear headed? You can't predict when that stuff will happen. I take it easy these days to say the least.

tragic.

What tee's me is that he can bond out with 5 grand.
This dude needs to spend the rest of his life in jail.
He murdered these two.
It's not even about Beer.
It's about driving a car you cannot control.
You are free to make choices.
You can choose to endanger yourself and suffer the consequences.
And if you caused a life to end because of your choices,then your life belongs to the one you killed.
Somebody please lock this man up and throw away the key.

im sure i know where they got hit, theirs a narrow road called camp wisdom that runs along a dam at joe pool lake.. bikers on there all the time and its hardly big enough for the car.. its scary to drive on, it doesn't surprise me that this happened. I live about 2 miles away from this place and have driven my bike down there plenty.. i guess ill stop. Scary stuff..

Last edited:
VERY SAD NEWS -- yes - there have been times in the PAST when I have had a few too many and drove - DUMB - I do thank God often that I didn't kill someone.

For many days now - I have not drank
proven for this guy - doesn't work...

Saw a young man once - apparently had just killed someone - the torment on this mans face - I WILL NEVER FORGET.

Prayers go out for the lost ones and families...

Mountainman

Back