Cyclone Board track Racer runs!

IMG_4414.jpg

Here's a video of it running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F5pKiEDRkk

every on to thier own, but this cyclone replicais awsome and in actuality is acloser reprensentation of the real thing than any that I'veseen so far anywhere other that those that cost upwardsof $10K that are accurate repos that are being built by professional and sold at a substaintial profit.

Not really my cup of tea but I like it... must have taken a while if you fabricated everything yourself. Nice work... very curious, how fast does it go?

Last edited:
The wheels&tires look practical,but the lack of discernable brakes hardly.The original Cyclone was quite something,a 1000cc, bevel-drive OHC 45 hp V twin,good for 110 mph + and that in 1914 !. 45hp/liter is not all that shabby for present day engines.In 1916 Cyclone went bust,Too bad.I suppose the roads were not suitable for this jewel of a 'sporting' motorbike.On closer inspection there does appear to be a rear brake afterall.Recreating the engine would have been ab.fab. but not 'practical' I suppose.This engine was designed by Andrew Strand.I wonder if more is known about this great engine designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... consider my mind changed... BUT...

I just saw the vid of the yellow board tracker started and running...
very nice
i noticed that you needed to use a remote battery to start that puppy... have you finsher an on board starter system yet?
i didnt see a muffler on it either...
being an old briggs mechanic i could hear the exhaust valve clatter ... cool... a unique sound all its own.
... if you turned those dang bars right side up!
lol... just kidding.
Tommy M.

I have no intention of putting a muffler on it. I was going to hide a small glass mat battery somewhere but I haven't decided if I will fab a small box for that or not.

I have done some repositioning of the brake linkage but have not ridden it since. If I played with the gearing, 60 or 70mph wouldn't surprise me. It would take a special track and a lot of leather for me to try that though!

If I was to built around too much of a repro or vintage engine, as I have mentioned in the past, it would be in a more refined frame and wouldn't be here.

I built it primarily to take to small local shows - just for something different.

Dave
KC

Back