Cyclone on a Tricycle?

H

highrider

Anyone fit a cyclone electric motor to a tricycle? is there any small petrol generators available to power it as the batteries dont seem to have much range and are expensive.

i have a cyclone on the way...i have a worksman trike waiting for it...the plan is to try and install it on the inside of the right (freewheeling) wheel...we have an old (but like new) mcculloch 600w generator that will likely be integrated into the mix.

we will be a while getting started, and i'll be watching to see if you come up with anything meantime :)

i have a cyclone on the way...i have a worksman trike waiting for it...the plan is to try and install it on the inside of the right (freewheeling) wheel...we have an old (but like new) mcculloch 600w generator that will likely be integrated into the mix.

we will be a while getting started, and i'll be watching to see if you come up with anything meantime :)
Sounds interesting, let us know how you get on.

Ive been looking into a few electric motor systems and thought that the cyclone seem to be the best system. The chain noise on my 2 stroke is a bit loud for my liking, and i need something that can load more luggage so want a tricycle instead of a bike.

I'm waiting on a 500w and a 1000w cyclone kit from taiwan, slow shipping.. i paid on March 26th, and yesterday April 13 i get an email confirming they have shipped it !!!!!.. yikes.. but it's on the way now and i have a tracking number..

These kits require good batteries ( that can handle 40 amps ) .. i have a stock of LiFe packs that can do it..

I"m told the mounting brackets are not the best, but will wait until i get my hands on them to determine this for myself..

the concept is a good one. use the gears luke..

Last edited:
Im considering getting the 200w motor, as it would use less battery and since you use the bicycle gearing it wont get bog down, do you think that is enough or should I go for the 500w?

200w won't give you much of an ev-grin, but with the right gearing it will climb hills if you are willing to go very slow ! hehe..

You are correct however that it would weigh less and require a smaller battery.. it's all proportionate.

Go the bigger motor :) , you can always control your amps usage with a CA.

Depending on your drivetrain, there are Cyclones that have a dual freewheel and rotate CW. They go in series and you get to keep all of your gearing (once you come up with a chain tensioner for the front half of your chain loop.

There is also a 650W Cyclone that is the same shape as the 500 and below, except it has an external controller.

I will save repeating myself, http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3921 ..

Heya Ypedal, how is your build comming along ? wierd that we had two completley different turn around times :/ a sample of 2 really does not cut it for statistics..

Back