Dac's 50cc or 70cc engine?

S

scottca

I am getting ready to put my order into Dac's tomorrow. I am wondernig about which engine to get. Since they are the same price I am having a hard time deciding.

The 50cc is a legal size where I am at, but it would be nice to have a little extra "umph" for inclines.

Are the two engines close in size or is the 70cc much larger?

I am planning to black out the engine and exhaust (I like the low-profile, no chrome look) so if there is only a slight difference I am fairly sure I can get away with the larger of the two engines.

Are there any experiences that any of you have had with one or the other?

i got the 70cc and dont know what the 50 cc can do but i have seen no markings on the engine to tell if its a 50cc or 70cc so i would grab the 70cc just for the added umph and if you get pulled over just say its a 50cc
theirs no way that they could prove other wise i think

someone said "put a sticker on the engine that says '47cc inspected' and if a police officer asks, point to the sticker and say 'i dunno, what do you think'?"

A cop shouldnt open up your engine and measure the displacement.

but yeah, theres nothing that indicated the displacement on the engine. no way of knowing unless you open it up. For all i know, dac could have sent me a 50cc and I would be none the wiser!

I got the dax 50cc and now I'm wishing I HAD got the 70/80 I can't tell the difference in the pics- they are even the same price now.

I've passed cops 6 out of the 8 times I've used my bike on busy boston streets and they look at me but never do anything. I bet they will some day tho so I should get my sticker already - I think I know all the relevant rules regarding motorized bikes too, so I should be able to answer any cop questions.

dunno, sideshowsideswipe, if you're being cool i'm betting the only cop questions you'll have to answer is "how fast will that thing go?" or "how much gas do you use?"

augidog said:
dunno, sideshowsideswipe, if you're being cool i'm betting the only cop questions you'll have to answer is "how fast will that thing go?" or "how much gas do you use?"

yeah I'm pretty laid back so if I get pulled over I probably won't lose my cool...

Back