Daily Driver

YetiWoodz

Local time
10:07 PM
Ok so I agreed to build a daily driver bike for a friend who has a truck and he wants to save money on gas since he lives 10 mins from work.

Would you advise me to build a 2 stroke or 4 stroke? I've built a 2 stroke already and gained a lot of knowledge. I'd think a 4 stroke could be best but I never built one and I don't know how well they keep up with traffic.

Would you advise me to build a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
Definitely 2 stroke...He is only on it 10 minutes each way to work plus you already know how to build and maintain 2 strokers, and you already know he is going to keep coming to you for any problems that arise since he is a friend...lol...Might as well make it as easy on you as possible...lol.

Better the devil you already know than the one you will have to learn all about all over again...lol.

I thought I'd try out a four-stroke after a few two strokes. The engine is sitting in a drawer and I put the two stroke back on. Idunno but it seems like in order for a four-stroke kit to be reliable you gotta sink some dough into it. I burnt up the tranny that came in my kit within a week.

Ok so I agreed to build a daily driver bike for a friend who has a truck and he wants to save money on gas since he lives 10 mins from work.

Would you advise me to build a 2 stroke or 4 stroke? I've built a 2 stroke already and gained a lot of knowledge. I'd think a 4 stroke could be best but I never built one and I don't know how well they keep up with traffic.
If you're a good cyclist first, then it isn't about keeping up with traffic but rather about using good cycling skills to blend in with traffic.

If an MB'er will use good cycling skills along with the added speed of their bike they should blend into traffic with no problems.

I think I would reccomend a 4 stroke, that way if for some reason you 4got to mix fuel the night b4, your not fumbling in the morning to mix fuel. Plus he would not have to deal with a manual clutch. Wont have the 2stroke aroma when walking into work. If a guy was to build a 4 stroke I'd go honda or hausheng, with the grubee transmission, as its proven itself to be most reliable. Not knocking 2 strokes, I love😍 my 2stroke bike. I also like my 4stroke bike, just because I can jump on it & go.

I thought I'd try out a four-stroke after a few two strokes. The engine is sitting in a drawer and I put the two stroke back on. Idunno but it seems like in order for a four-stroke kit to be reliable you gotta sink some dough into it. I burnt up the tranny that came in my kit within a week.
You're right about sinking money into a 4 stroke though I know many who've sank a lot into 2 strokes as well. My Staton Inc 18.75:1 gearbox is 12 years old and still going strong.

If you care about your friend, you will build a 2 stroke. Only 2 stroke people really care, these 4 stroke guys are just trying to steal your beer and your dog when you're not looking. ;)

I have a 4 stroke kit, Still in the box, only ever took it out for some measurements. It's just been sitting there for months and months. lol. Love my smokers. I will get around to it one day.

Back