Damage in engine

Ahmet

Local time
2:23 PM
What's up everybody, i just opened up my cylinder to see cylinder walls, piston rings and piston is damaged real good.
From what I see some piece of junk made its way into combustion chamber made a real good damage to my poor china girl.
Now i have to find where it is gone to protect my engine from further damage. Where did it go? Exhaust or crankcase?
Do i need to go ahead and separate the engine? I don't have those gear pulling tools and they might take months to arrive to me.
Should i just put new piston, rings and cylinder and go ahead?

Yep thats one of these beloved 2 strokes that everyone likes. In the soviet era they were an actual engine not just a toy that breaks like chinese plastic. I would flush the crankcase and look in there with a flashlight or small magnet. and Yes you can rebuild it for like $20 usd. You have to spin the crank to listen if it damaged the bearings. But at that point i'd go 49cc 4 stroke with tapered shaft and a non ebay transmission.

Yep thats one of these beloved 2 strokes that everyone likes. In the soviet era they were an actual engine not just a toy that breaks like chinese plastic. I would flush the crankcase and look in there with a flashlight or small magnet. and Yes you can rebuild it for like $20 usd. You have to spin the crank to listen if it damaged the bearings. But at that point i'd go 49cc 4 stroke with tapered shaft and a non ebay transmission.
Someone living in America can never understand my financial power. I can't afford something like that (4stroke). I mean should i separate the bottom bay?

The circ-clip for the wrist pin most likely broke and went up and down with the piston and made that damage. You can try taking the piston off and turning the engine upside down and see if anything falls out.
No i detached those g clips myself that cant be it.

Check out and see if the crank shaft itself has any excessive side to side movement...DAMIEN
If ya didn't clean the casting slag off from the cyl ports, a piece of casting slag might of did the damage
It doesn't have excessive play.
I ran it as it arrived to me so wrench might have pointed it out. But the real thing is can i clean crankcase of those potential junks in it without taking it apart. Or do I have to open it up.

The circ-clip for the wrist pin most likely broke and went up and down with the piston and made that damage. You can try taking the piston off and turning the engine upside down and see if anything falls out.
If nothings falls off, am i good to get that engine running? Can't it get stuck somewhere tilting is not enough to get it off.

Can you feel any kind of resistance in there now? Or hear scrapping sounds? What I would do is pour a little straight gas in and then pour it out into a clean white dish. aka: clean yogurt contain. That way you can examine what is in the bottom, grit or bits of metal.

Back