Damage in engine

You might want to order two of them, It's really easy to strip the threads on them
Uh oh i already ordered them cancelling the order would be a massive time waste i will be careful around them i guess thanks for the info greatly appreciated

Uh oh i already ordered them cancelling the order would be a massive time waste i will be careful around them i guess thanks for the info greatly appreciated
You'll probably be fine, it's not like you're using it every day.

They're some type of junk cheese grade steel man.
Agreed I looked at the threads of the ones I got with my Grubbe gt5 engine and knew strait away that if after screwing it in as far as I could with my fingers then use a wrench to tighten it about a quarter turn it would probably strip it. Even after being carefull I noticed that I chewed a couple of the threads pulling the gear out. They are insainly fine threads.

Moral of my story -- Screw it in as far as you can finger tight without cross threading and then go 1 or 2% of a quarter turn with a wrench. and then insert the bolt that does actual pushing. (kinda weird why you call it a gear puller when you are actually pushing it out)

Or better yet if like me it is your first time doing this search YouTube for something like "pulling gears Motorized bicycle" -- YouTube has a wealth of knowledge if you can somehow separate the fact from fiction.

Agreed I looked at the threads of the ones I got with my Grubbe gt5 engine and knew strait away that if after screwing it in as far as I could with my fingers then use a wrench to tighten it about a quarter turn it would probably strip it. Even after being carefull I noticed that I chewed a couple of the threads pulling the gear out. They are insainly fine threads.

Moral of my story -- Screw it in as far as you can finger tight without cross threading and then go 1 or 2% of a quarter turn with a wrench. and then insert the bolt that does actual pushing. (kinda weird why you call it a gear puller when you are actually pushing it out)

Or better yet if like me it is your first time doing this search YouTube for something like "pulling gears Motorized bicycle" -- YouTube has a wealth of knowledge if you can somehow separate the fact from fiction.
Useful information ℹ️

Back