Damaged Crank

LWalker

Local time
3:31 AM
Hey Everyone,

After an unfortunate incident with a pull start - the magneto side of the crank is warped. The little slot where I would put the woodruff key is bent out meaning the spark plug won't fire correctly. Does anyone see a way to fix this? I have a spare engine thats broken for a different reason so I could theoretically replace the crank but I haven't been able to find any instructions or tutorials on how to do so. Please help! Any links or suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Damaged Crank.jpg
    Damaged Crank.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 153
Gee wizz bat man! You might be learning how to split the case sooner than you intended too! It's not that hard and if you use the entire rotating assembly from the other engine shouldn't take too long. Remember to slip fit your crank. It doesn't take much.

Gee wizz bat man! You might be learning how to split the case sooner than you intended too!
Why are you trying to kill people?
Edit: nearly died laughing when I read this line.
It's not that hard and if you use the entire rotating assembly from the other engine shouldn't take too long. Remember to slip fit your crank. It doesn't take much.
Exactly, the 2 strokes are pretty simple in rebuilding.
Follow the vids Tyler6357 posted and you should have no problems (if you have all the correct tools).

Back