"damaged cylinder" /review of Power-King 80

G

gone_fishin

someone briefly mentioned a broken skirt falling off inside and chewing things up. bg joe i think.

i'm helping quay and friend with their "power king 80"...i was there when it was delivered & if i wrote a review of overall quality on the kit out of the box, it would get a "mostly below par."

anyway, they tried to re-seal the jug gasket ahead of time while they wait for the bicycle to arrive...i wasn't there i promise.

in the process, one cylinder-skirt on the casting was cracked (both ends) and one ring was broken. i have a spare ring if it fits. i applied light steady pressure to the skirt with a piece of wood til it cracked off. i figured it would break off all the way back to any weak spots and it did just that. the middle third of it is still there & it looks mighty clean, metallurgy-wise. pics tomorrow when i get back over there.

i'm tempted to try it & i need to know...before things got crunchy, did the engine run ok as far as compression, leaks, etc?

since you damaged the item, you're gonna take a bath on return shipping, restock, etc...

in spite of the damage, which led to the discovery, i truly believe that you have a valid complaint about misrepresentation. you may have to fight a bit harder, approach ebay & paypal with the technical proof that it isn't what you were sold.

get things started with the proper authorites, & if you need to call on this community for a small email blitz, give us an address.

my experienced .02: meantime, if you participate in the ebay topic i linked to (above) carefully refrain from naming names until you know what direction this is gonna take.

azkronic said:
quay1962 said:
Please note the value for the returning defective products/accessories or incorrect items received as : US$15.00

We reserve the right to deny receipt of packages where the value of the package being returned from the US is declared greater that US$15.00 .

so, are they stating that their kit is worth 15$ or are they instructing you to lie on the customs form ?

122_Kronic_Signature_1.jpg
not to sure not very hip on all mombojumbo still looking.

doc...why not just reply (periodically) and keep that one alive as long as we can, eh :devilish:

augidog said:
since you damaged the item, you're gonna take a bath on return shipping, restock, etc...

in spite of the damage, which led to the discovery, i truly believe that you have a valid complaint about misrepresentation. you may have to fight a bit harder, approach ebay & paypal with the technical proof that it isn't what you were sold.

get things started with the proper authorites, & if you need to call on this community for a small email blitz, give us an address.

my experienced .02: meantime, if you participate in the ebay topic i linked to (above) carefully refrain from naming names until you know what direction this is gonna take.
you are right thanx augidog.

about ebay forum, did anyone start new topics over there about this? if so, please give us a link. we'll keep 'em all alive.

quay, if you broke it, I'd just buy a new jug and ring and call it (buying from that seller) lesson learned.

I know they sold you an "80" and you seemingly got a 50, but it's been said here before that there are no 80's.... :cry:

Might be a lot easier to roll with the punches than to try to get a very partial refund after a long fight.

that'sdax next time.

ebay deleted my topic!!!

what should we do about this? anyone more diplomatically experienced that can guide us?

yeah, joe, because of the damage, it's a different game.

but, they didn't get an 80, not even a 70, which is what was reasonably expected. they got a 50 sold as an 80...i see a different issue.

but, yeah, i do think i can get this one running...

Deleted your topic?!?

Well, I guess we could just give the "other guy" some bad reviews/truth in advertising here. Maybe something along the lines of "Sellers to beware of if you are thinking of buying an engine kit" and conversely- Sellers we'd recommend". (Long live thatsdax!)

Or even a review topic so people could give props to, or air thier legit complaints against a company.

eBay is funny about their big sellers, and they don't like it when somebody rattles their cage....I've noticed that. A lot of people won't even use eBay for that very reason.

As far as getting that one going, is there a place to buy a replacement jug/ring that is not justblissful?

I mean, justblissful seem kinda shady to say the least...lie to customs? I wonder if they'd like to know about that (customs)?

i'm confident the jug will work, providing i can seal it good enuff.

the ring? i'm not sure mine will reduce in circumference that much and still seat, but there are many 2-stroke shops around here to find one more suitable.

nope, dollar-wise, we're not going near justblissful, or the original supplier, Power King.

do the math, $80 shipping, non-returnable, $30 restock fee, plus return shipping on rusty tank & now whole engine? fugget aboutit!! if they can't get satisfaction because of the shady sale, they're scrooed, keep it and make the best of it :censored:

Back